shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond hoop earrings, anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Love the look of melee on my band...would love to get some low-key, tasteful, not TOO big diamond hoop earrings (no more than 1/inch hoop...not too big melee stones).....or any other idea for unique diamond earrings? Already have 1ctw studs.....
I saw some in a mall store over holiday...not bad price, but was concerned about diamond quality....I guess when they''re that small, it doesn''t really matter......
Any ideas are welcome......what do you have??????
emquestion.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Just reread my post....wouldn''t want bigger than 1/2 inch hoops...or something else unique... any ideas?? (links to good buys)....prefer round stones.....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoops you say
2.gif
Anything like these ?
4.gif

estatejewels_1829_908180

10824.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that kayla 17 has a beautiful pair, maybe she can show you a picture of them. As I recall they weren''t too big and were very pretty!!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Ana those are different....but look big (and pricey)......
2.gif
Are Kayla''s posted somewhere??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the ones I was considering a while back at Blue Nile... 13/16" and 1/2ctw (.25 each ring) in white gold for $575.00. I think it''s I SI color/clarity. Chances are it''s so tiny you won''t see anything...but they do have a 30 day return policy.

There is also another set at BN that is 1ctw...I''ll post that next.

bnhalfctwearrings.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here are the 1ctw ones... 1 3/16" wide...I'd probably like these better in terms of visibility...but it would be serious bling bling!!! These are $1k in white gold.

My best girlfriend has a pair like this she wears and they are visible a wayyyysss away...she's blonde too so if you have dark hair I'm sure it's even more of a standout.

bn1ctw earrings.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here are Kayla17''s hoops

126_2685%20(2).JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quality does matter even in small diamonds. I had a pair of hoops with horrible inclusions and mediocre cut and they didn't sparkle AT ALL. You may have to search around a bit for good diamonds, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
That''s why I passed on the ones at the mall, Michelle.....Kayla''s are GORGEOUS....don''t need them that big, but do want them that BRIGHT!!!!!
WOW!!!
18.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here are Jennifer''s beauties.

Hoops.collage.2.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2005 9:56:38 PM
Author: Maxine
That''s why I passed on the ones at the mall, Michelle.....Kayla''s are GORGEOUS....don''t need them that big, but do want them that BRIGHT!!!!!
WOW!!!
18.gif
Yes, Kayla''s are gorgeous. So are Jennifer''s! I''d love a pair if I could pull these off but the style just doesn''t look right on me
7.gif
I sold my pair on eBay. lol!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Do any PS vendors carry them???
emquestion.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for diamond hoops also. I have seen them at Maurice Badler and also Ross Simons. Both have web sites.

I want about an inch and 1/4" diameter. Anyone found some yet?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2005 10:4:48 PM
Author: Maxine
Do any PS vendors carry them???
Does Icestore count as a PS local ? They make some super thin colored gold hoops (yellow, pink and white) ...

Those in my post are "bargains" from Signedpieces and Estatejewels - well, at least relative to the original designer price tag!

DCD says one can have diamond hoops for $300
31.gif

Superbcert carries several styles

Blanks are not that hard to come by... so the road to some WF "ACA melee" hoops doesn't seem too long either. I know they are redrawing the WF website, so if these are feasible the page might just not be there yet.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Think I''ll email WF and ask.....have a birthday coming up............
2.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla and Jennifer....

What sizes are your hoops?

Love the idea of using WF. We want those babies to sparkle!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Ann! Thanks for asking about my hoops (and thanks, Sevens, for posting them).
1.gif
I looked a long time before finding these and I have been very pleased with them. The attached pics show relative size. As for specs, they are 2.25 cts tdw, 38 stones (19 in each earring), so each stone is approx 6 points.

Good luck and don't forget to post when you get your pair!
3.gif

hoops-quarter pics.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
They look really nice on you Jennifer, and they look like quality earrings....nice and even melee...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Maxine.
emembarrassed.gif

I spent 2 years looking for hoops that I liked. I mean, I pretty much like all diamond jewelry
2.gif
but for me, I wanted a prong-set hoop and for a while my jeweler had a lot of channel styles or prongs I didn''t like. I think Kayla''s and mine are very similar styles of prongs and I think this style lets light in behind the diamond for more sparkle. They are nice diamonds (not ACA melee or whatnot) but VS-SI1, G-H and most have arrows and decent cuts when I louped them. You definitely don''t want the frozen spit quality I''ve seen in some stores... You can''t put K-L-M, I2-3 melee with bad cuts in jewelry and get much sparkle and that''s what''s in a lot of chain store for pieces like this (in my experience).
1.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Received E-mail from Lesley at WF......she said they don''t CARRY hoops, etc. made up, but would be glad to give a quote.......will give that some thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results