shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cosine

Rough_Rock
I just came from a jeweler who showed me a fantastic stone. This was not in a jewelry store, so there were no fancy lights, etc. He showed me a 1.025 cts, AGS 0 cut (with ideal polish and symmetry), G color and high end SI1 clarity (i.e., very near VS2). I thought the diamond was beautiful, but the price was slightly high ($5800 w/ no tax). However, I checked out the cut advisor here and it rated a 3.3 very good overall (vg-g-g-vg). I was slightly disappointed, and I need some advice as to whether to keep looking or take the diamond. I'm proposing in the next few weeks--please HELP!

~Josef

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2005 5:56:56 PM
Author:Cosine
I just came from a jeweler who showed me a fantastic stone. This was not in a jewelry store, so there were no fancy lights, etc. He showed me a 1.025 cts, AGS 0 cut (with ideal polish and symmetry), G color and high end SI1 clarity (i.e., very near VS2). I thought the diamond was beautiful, but the price was slightly high ($5800 w/ no tax). However, I checked out the cut advisor here and it rated a 3.3 very good overall (vg-g-g-vg). I was slightly disappointed, and I need some advice as to whether to keep looking or take the diamond. I''m proposing in the next few weeks--please HELP!

~Josef
if the stone scores a 3.3 on the hca ,it must be one of those steep/deep cut combo,if thats the case this stone will not be a "0 cut" for very long.can you post the specs?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Actual performance of the stone is more important than a rating (especially since those ratings are about to change, and this one may fall out of 0 range, as DF says.) Have you browsed online to compare the stone you found to others out there? I would broaden your range of choices, and if this one still seems right, then go for it. But, by looking around, you will know what your options are and how this price compares. Start by running a search here to see a good range, and then go to some of the vendors'' sites and run detailed searches. My guess is that you will find a lot of options in this range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results