shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have magnified images of the stone or idealscope or ASET images? I am more comfortable with the parameters below for my own stones, but would consider one outside for others if they have the images to look at.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

patrone18

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help guys.

I'm thinking of ordering one of these from online and shipping to Canada but how does tax work? I'm ok with the USD -> CAD conversion but dont want a big tax shock when I have the diamond arrive. Maybe someone from Canada can help answer this?

I'm also concerned because I purchased a Tacori setting from a local dealer (made for a ~1.5 carat stone) and I've heard horror stories for the warranty.

Lucky for this forum, I have learnt more about CUT being King and that GIA "Excellent" has a huge variance.

I'm also going to ask my local dealer that I ordered the setting from to show me some diamonds with these characteristics:

Price Point ~13k USD or 17k CAD

Carat: 1.40-1.60
Color: G-H
Clarity: VS1-SI2

CUT - GIA Execellent:
Table: 54-59%
Depth: 60-62.3%
Crown Angle: 33.5-35
Pavilion Angle: 40.6-40.9

I'm hoping the local delaer can provide a good deal on the diamond since they already make $$$ from the setting (Tacori).

Let me know if i'm missing something or further advice that could help. :read:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you buy a Tacori setting from the jewelers case? Did it have a cz in it? Did they size it for you? Because if so, they were just selling you a sample setting. Normally, when you buy a Tacori setting, you have the diamond first, and the jeweler orders the setting made for your stone and in the correct ring size. The diamond can be sent to Tacori to set, but some Tacori dealers are allowed to set the stone. Did you pay full price for the setting or was it on sale?

The problem is that once you buy a setting, you are stuck with getting a diamond the right size. If the ring had a cz in it, it would greatly help to know the size of it. It probably is 7.5mm, though, if the ring is for a 1.5 ct stone. In that case, I'd try to be at 7.3-7.5mm for the diamond.

I'd change that crown angle parameter to 34-35.

patrone18

Rough_Rock
No, it wasn't a CZ Tacori display setting. The local dealer ordered the Tacori setting (ring size 4) and told me it would take approx. 3 weeks to arrive from California. The rep mentioned that the solitaire 4 prong setting allows for flexibility and they are authorized to set the stone at the end.

I was able to get a good price on the Tacori setting because the price just dropped with the recent currency conversion change. I've made a deposit only at this point and I'm looking to bundle everything with the dealer to bring down the price.

The dealer is bringing in a few diamonds next week for me to take a look at with those specifications mentioned above. :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, great! Come back with the specs on the stones they bring in!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results