shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
I have been a lurker on this board for about 3 months now trying to learn all I could about diamonds in anticipation for the day when it came....Well it has arrived and unfortunately my boyfriend is as if not more nervous and confused as I am. It seems like the more I learn the more I feel the "perfect" diamond doesn''t exist. That is why I decided to look to the experts for help...finally!
21.gif

I know the setting I want. It is a new (3 weeks old) Ritani pave setting. The budget I am looking at is relative but around 12,000 to 13,000. What I really would like is a 1.7 Round no lower than G VS1 stone with symmetry VG VG or EX EX. Is this an impossible task? I live in NYC and was set on going to engagementringsdirect.com on or around 47th street since they really seemed to have the best prices and were very nice but when looked up with the BBB they seemed to have misrepresented themselves once as a BBB member. SuperbCert is also an option yet I couldn''t really fin many diamonds on their site matching the criteria I was hoping for and really don''t know much about goodoldgold on Long Island to make a judgment. Has anyone ever dealt with any of the companies? Can anyone lend some advice as to if this is even doable. I really would appreciate any help anyone can lend.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Novice
21.gif

We bought my stone through Mark at engagement rings direct.
He doesn't hold your hand as much as other i-net dealers (i.e., no reports) but that's probably why his mark-up is the lowest.
I was confident in what I wanted so I was comfortable going with him & I have no complaints. He's professional, has a bkgrd in the GIA, not pushy at all, and is happy to get you a few stones to compare (since you live in NYC, it'll be easy for you to visit his office(?)).

Also, when I told him I couldn't find the e-ring/wedding band I was looking for anywhere, he offered to have it custom-made at a reasonable price.

We bought a princess cut stone so I can't comment on RB prices...

With such a large & important purchase, your best bet is to call around & see who you're most comfortable with & go with that vendor.

Best of luck to you!
1.gif

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I will post when I decide who to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results