shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dw

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a diamond between .9 and 1.0 carat. VS2 to SI1 (if eye clean) and color of H to I. Planning on an 18K yellow gold, four prong, cathedral style setting.

The following diamond is the one I''m leaning towards but I''d like some help. Any comments? Thanks for your help!

shape round
color I
clarity SI1 (still need to make sure it''s eye clean)
calc. wt. .894 ct
weight .90 ct
diamater 6.16 mm (6.13-6.18)
diam dev 0.8%
total depth 3.82mm
62.0%
crown: angle 35.7
height 15.7% (.97mm)
pavil: angle 40.3%
depth 42.6%
table avg. 56.0% (56.5%)
cutlet 1.3%
girdle: avg. 1.8%
min. 1.0%
max. 2.9%
star/upper 52.9% : 47.1%
polish/symetry VG/VG
fluorescense none
GIA graded
price $3,361

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is actually a very nice FIC stone (who was just asking about that?)

Larger crown angle, shallower pav angles, deeper stone...more fire will come from this stone than white light.

Should be very nice in person, have you seen it?

Here is another option for comparison that is slightly larger in carat weight with a larger diameter of around average 6.3mm. Also this an E stone, SI clarity the same as yours, the numbers are pretty nice and the HCA is 0.7 EX .Oh and Pscope price is about $3400.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13013744

dw

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Mara!

I've sent an email asking whether or not the diamond you selected is clean to the eye. I do have concerns about that but otherwise it looks great.

I like the cathedral style setting in 18K yellow gold that's available at Blue Nile but I don't see many of the other vendors offering that setting. This may be a stupid question, but If I were to get a loose stone, would most jewelers, such as a place like Shane Company mount it or do they usually require you to purchase a stone from them?

As far as whether or not I've seen the stone I selected, I have not. I'm planning on proposing in Maui on Valentines Day so that's the timeframe I'm looking at. Thanks again for your help!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that Shane Co will not set diamonds that you do not buy from them.

However Joe Escobar in Campbell (if you are in the Bayarea) has tons of great settings and I believe they set other diamonds.

You can also just buy the Blue Nile setting and have it sent to you or your vendor where the stone is. I would ALWAYS have the setting sent to wherever the diamond is...the diamond is far more valuable than the setting, I would have the diamond vendor set the stone rather than a random setting company set my diamond.

dw

Rough_Rock
I received a response back about whether or not the stone was eye-clean. Here it is:

"This diamond is definitely eye-clean, no inclusions visible to the unaided eye. There is a black pique on the table visible only with a jeweler's loupe."

Any concerns? Any concerns with the girdle size or anything else. I have this stone on hold until tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for all of your help!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks really great to me!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm a black pique only visible with a loupe. Interesting.

Well if they say it's eye clean, are you willing to go for it? The numbers look good.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results