shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMOND HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april11923

Rough_Rock
IM LOOKING TO BUY A DIAMOND THAT IS EGL INTERNATINAL CERT AND WANTED TO SEE IF YOU THINK THE PRICE IS ABOUT RIGHT
THEY ARE ASKING 8,000

GRADING RESULTS
Shape and Cut: Princess
Carat weight: 1.25 Ct.
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VVS2

ADDITIONAL GRADING INFORMATION
Measurements: 6.28 - 6.19 x 4.12
Fluorescence: None
Total Depth: 66.6 %
Table Width: 69 %
Crown Height: 7 %
Pavillon Depth: 58 %
Girdle Thickness: Thin, Polished

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
There''s an EGL International? That''s interesting. I''ve heard of EGL Israel and USA but this is new to me.

OP, I''m sorry but I can''t help you. I don''t know how EGL compares to AGS and GIA and I''m just learning to read AGS and GIA reports. It is very likely not what AGS would consider a VVS2, etc. So I personally don''t know what to make of it. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Hi April, Welcome!

I''d suggest you ask Admin to shift this thread to Rocky Talky, where there is much more traffic and people post a lot about specific diamonds. (Report your first post with the request using the "Report Concern" button to the bottom left of the post, and ask admin to move the thread)

I''ll just comment that - based on the very limited info which comes from the grading report - the diamond will face quite large for a 1.25 princess, but it is not likely to be splendid in terms of light performance. However, this is purely based on crown height being lowish. To provide more info, at the very least you''d need some sort of reflector-based image and good macro photos. On price, the price seems high considering that for US$8k you should be able to get a well cut, reliably graded 1.25 G/VVS2 princess.

EGL-I has various branches in Europe, Asia and Africa, none of which have an outstanding reputation for reliability (Israel being the most notoriously unreliable). Stones with an EGL-I grading report normally trade at a discount compared to GIA or AGSL graded stones, even if the grade is fairly attributed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results