shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Help- H&A, Local Retailers, Tiffany''s..??? Extremely Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
Hello All,
It''s been great reading all threads on this forum, but I can''t seem to find the answer to some of my questions. Please help!
I''m getting married Sept 09, and still looking for a diamond for my future wife.

I''ve been lurking around Craigslist.org and found a diamond broker that offer Hearts & Arrows for great price. I''ve been to Tiffany''s for extremely nice sparkling diamonds, and Local High End jewelry stores for their products.

I''m planning to spend somewhere between $9,000-$13,000 for an Extremely Eye Catching Diamond. Carat size at least 1.4ct. Is that reasonable?

Please help as I do not want to over pay for Diamonds when I shouldn''t have to.

Thank You!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also loving this diamond!

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=532

Which, with the wire discount, leaves plenty of room for an excellent setting - platinum if you desire.

I''d skip Craig''s list and go through a reputable dealer (with a return policy if you decide you aren''t happy!). Tiffany''s is definitely an option, but you will get more bang (size) for your buck if you look elsewhere. Happy diamond hunting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 1:00:07 PM
Author: jsm
I''m also loving this diamond!

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=532

Which, with the wire discount, leaves plenty of room for an excellent setting - platinum if you desire.

I''d skip Craig''s list and go through a reputable dealer (with a return policy if you decide you aren''t happy!). Tiffany''s is definitely an option, but you will get more bang (size) for your buck if you look elsewhere. Happy diamond hunting!
Thats a beauty!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Either one of these would be an excellent choice and at the lower end of your budget with enough left to get a nice setting.

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
So going through a reputable online site will get me the best deal?
I am assuming a lot of you guys have gone online to these sites, and you get what you ordered?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 11:04:32 AM
Author: kevinnho
So going through a reputable online site will get me the best deal?
I am assuming a lot of you guys have gone online to these sites, and you get what you ordered?
Usually you find online vendors are cheaper than brick and mortar stores. The vendors linked here have excellent reputations here and work extremely hard to keep them, so you can have every confidence should you decide to purchase from one of them. I have used Whiteflash which is another popular vendor and had an excellent experience, I would not hesitate to buy online again from any of the trusted vendors here.

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
Would you say this diamond is close to Tiffany''s quality? My gf is in love with Tiffany''s diamond, how it sparkles and the fire shown from the diamond. She doesn''t care if it''s from Tiffany''s, but quality must be somewhat similar!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
as nice or better than any Tiff's stone.

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
I like this stone, and been spending about 1 hour through other diamond sites to find a better deal than this. Any other suggestions? As far as High performance Diamonds- 1 of the site recommended by Pricescope.com?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink is a well respected vendor on Pricescope. He just won the award for being Infinity Diamonds Vendor of the Year! Give him a call. I recommend him 100%

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink is an all around great guy! You can trust his opinion!

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this Diamond that I found today at Ostermann''s Jeweler.?
It''s Leo Diamond
H Color
SI2
1.46ct
Good/Good for Symmetry/Polish
7.19x7.26x4.51

Let me know what you guys think?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard the Leo diamonds don''t hold a candle to the Ideal rounds offered by PS vendors. The first diamond up top has been put on hold. Did you reserve it?

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
No, I did not reserve that 1st diamond. However, I''m stopping in to a local retailer that carries infinity diamonds tomorrow or Friday and supposedly it is identical to the 2nd one that is shown on HPD.com Do any of you guys think for that price range, I can get a better one out there? I appreciate any help that you guys can give me. I''m looking for the return of light/fire, and ct. size.

Thanks,

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Infinity stones are owned by Infinity so the price shown on HPD should be honored by your local Infinity dealer and any stone available on HPD can also be shipped in to your local dealer. John or others from Infinity should be able to clarify this better.

Good Luck.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 1:20:38 AM
No, I did not reserve that 1st diamond. However, I''m stopping in to a local retailer that carries infinity diamonds tomorrow or Friday and supposedly it is identical to the 2nd one that is shown on HPD.com Do any of you guys think for that price range, I can get a better one out there? I appreciate any help that you guys can give me. I''m looking for the return of light/fire, and ct. size.

Thanks,
I would not hesitate to recommend Wink Jones of HPD, you will be in very good hands with him! Pricing should be the same and you can also have any Infinity diamond you like sent to an Infinity dealer near you regardless of where it is in the world.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=diamond-infinity-about

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
Lorelei- Would you agree with the price range $9k-$12k, this is the best diamond out there as far as quality cut and ct. size?
I''m referring to Highperformancediamonds.com (#2 link above).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:07:12 PM
Lorelei- Would you agree with the price range $9k-$12k, this is the best diamond out there as far as quality cut and ct. size?
I'm referring to Highperformancediamonds.com (#2 link above).

This is a superb diamond, beautifully cut and it will be a gorgeous rock. If you wanted to consider the SI clarity grades in Infinity then you could certainly do so if there was a diamond you liked which Wink verified was eyeclean to your standards. I colour will still be very white especially with a top cut, so that can be an excellent choice too. The weight is an advantage in my opinion as you can avoid the price jumps at 1.5 carats etc but you will have close to the " look" of 1.5cts. Lovely diamond!

This one is a bit more expensive and SI clarity as a comparison.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4577/

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1466947.htm

Another above.

kamahsutra

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:48:50 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
This thread shows that if you want the type of surety on cut quality that you can achieve with the help of folk here - you should be prepared to do some work at Tiffany
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-day-at-tiffanys-with-the-i-scope.69733/
What Garry said about doing your own legwork at Tiffany''s is correct. Tiffany''s definitely has some nice rocks, but you''ll have to do your own homework, whereas the PS online vendors has done almost all the homework for you.

For a 1.42 ct stone H color and VS2/I1 Tiffany is still within your budget, don''t be afraid to call them and give them your budget and ask for a list of all the rings that fit your criteria.

I had to my own homework to buy from Tiffany, here''s a sample of what you can get if you do. Good luck with your hunt
9.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/valentine-engagement-1-02ct-f-vs2-tiffany-solitaire-thank-you-psers-for-your-help.107789/

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
If you don''t mind me asking, how much did you pay for that ring at Tiffany''s?

Ayers

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share my buying experience and maybe that can help you with yours.

1) During my shopping I really liked the Tiffany''s classic solitaire, but my $10k budget would only get me a 1.02c H VS2. I don''t know if the prices have really dropped from 1 month ago, but I''d imagine that the quality of online ''diamonds'' can be much nicer AND cheaper online.

If your fiance fell in love with the Tiffany''s settings, then you either have to find a really good replica or just go with the Tiffany''s setting she likes.

2) Since I had decided on the Tiffany''s solitaire, I found a pretty good replica at http://www.exceldiamonds.com (formerly superbcert). Being from CA, I paid no sales tax and ended up getting a 1.33 G VS2 Ex/Ex/Ex GIA cert round diamond and their platinum Tiffany''s replica (which looks great) for under $10k.

As mentioned above, if you go down in color and clarity, you can go up in size.

Your price range is fine and the diamonds that these PS''ers have found look amazing. Keep in mind, when people say they like Tiffany''s - it''s not usually the cut of the diamond they''re looking at though. It''s either the name (and the little blue box), or the setting.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks,
Actually it IS the same one shown on my site. Because of the way Infinity works I actually can list all of the Infinity inventory on my site and on those stones that I do not have here they can be here in only a day or two. When you told me where you lived I knew I could have the stone sent to Continental for you to see, when I went to see where it was it was fortuitously already there.

Thus when you go to see it, it will be the actual stone you have found on my site. I normally have anywhere from thirty to fifty of the diamonds here and frequently ship them to other jewelers who are in the Infinity Family, and they to me. It is all about giving the best service to the client, not about which jeweler makes the sale. Paul is a brilliant strategist to making this work to YOUR advantage and I am proud to be part of the family.

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:50:05 PM
Author: Wink

Thanks,
Actually it IS the same one shown on my site. Because of the way Infinity works I actually can list all of the Infinity inventory on my site and on those stones that I do not have here they can be here in only a day or two. When you told me where you lived I knew I could have the stone sent to Continental for you to see, when I went to see where it was it was fortuitously already there.

Thus when you go to see it, it will be the actual stone you have found on my site. I normally have anywhere from thirty to fifty of the diamonds here and frequently ship them to other jewelers who are in the Infinity Family, and they to me. It is all about giving the best service to the client, not about which jeweler makes the sale. Paul is a brilliant strategist to making this work to YOUR advantage and I am proud to be part of the family.

Wink
Thanks Sir Wink for the explanation, very helpful!

kamahsutra

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:36:24 PM
If you don''t mind me asking, how much did you pay for that ring at Tiffany''s?
Not at all. Tiffany pricing is readily available if you call them. The one I got was $11900 USD prior to taxes.

kevinnho

Rough_Rock
Hello All.
I recently found this diamond from a local diamond broker. Certified by EGL.

Round 1.80ct SI1 and I Color- $8641
7.81x7.76x4.81 mm
Depth 61.8 %
Table 56%
Crown Height 16%
Pavilion Depth 43%
Girdle Thickness: Medium, Faceted

Excellent for Polish/Symmetry

Please provide me your input..as I think for Carat size and price is right!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:04:59 PM
Hello All.
I recently found this diamond from a local diamond broker. Certified by EGL.
Round 1.80ct SI1 and I Color- $8641

7.81x7.76x4.81 mm

Depth 61.8 %

Table 56%

Crown Height 16%

Pavilion Depth 43%

Girdle Thickness: Medium, Faceted

Excellent for Polish/Symmetry

Please provide me your input..as I think for Carat size and price is right!

One thing you have to know is that EGL graded stones are deeply discounted. Why? Because they are known to be soft on color and clarity grade by up to 2 grade difference. Your I SI1 could in fact be a K I1 if graded by AGS/GIA. And think about it, if a jeweler sees a stone that he thinks is not off grade, would he sell you at that low price? He would probably be better off sending the stone to GIA/AGS and get a better grade and sell it at a higher price. A quick search of AGS/GIA stone of J SI2 comes up to that price point.

That said, the numbers looks good, may not be ideal, but HCA is not accurate when the crown and pavilion are given as % depth.

If you are still interested in that stone, best to make the purchase on the condition that the stone get an independent appraisal, which you pay for, and comes back with the graded color and clarity grade. Else it is not really a deal that you think you are getting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 12:55:32 PM
Would you say this diamond is close to Tiffany's quality? My gf is in love with Tiffany's diamond, how it sparkles and the fire shown from the diamond. She doesn't care if it's from Tiffany's, but quality must be somewhat similar!
There are many diamonds that are better than Tiffany's quality. One of the most important things about a diamond is the cutting, which gives it the scintillation and sparkle that your gf loves. You will find many reputable online vendors that specialize in diamonds that are cut to exacting standards. Superb precision cutting can even often make lower clarity and more warm colored diamonds light up.

If you want to get the best value for your money, I would not recommend Tiffany. The price they charge has a significant markup because of their name and the huge amount of advertising they do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results