color
clarity

Diamond Halo ring for $2000 or under

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kb1gra|1445604489|3941310 said:
MissGotRocks|1445602594|3941296 said:
I totally agree with Kenny's post; put the money in the stone and not the setting. A well cut diamond - regardless of its size - will stand on it's own and be beautiful.

Not everybody wants a big rock in a boring, plain setting. If she wants a halo - let her spend her money where she wants. It's her ring and we're talking about maybe the difference between .60 and .70 here, whereas this halo setting takes a .60 to 10.5mm spread. No comparison, sorry.

I didn't say a big rock - I said a well cut diamond of any size. When people ask for opinions, they come in all shapes and forms.

As long as the poster is happy with the final result, that is really all that matters!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1445641935|3941476 said:
I totally agree with Kenny's post; put the money in the stone and not the setting. A well cut diamond - regardless of its size - will stand on it's own and be beautiful.

Not everybody wants a big rock in a boring, plain setting. If she wants a halo - let her spend her money where she wants. It's her ring and we're talking about maybe the difference between .60 and .70 here, whereas this halo setting takes a .60 to 10.5mm spread. No comparison, sorry.

I didn't say a big rock - I said a well cut diamond of any size. When people ask for opinions, they come in all shapes and forms.

As long as the poster is happy with the final result, that is really all that matters!

I personally think giving your opinion when someone has already made a purchase is kind of rude, at least in this case. She got exactly what she wanted and was happy about it. Then you come in and basically imply that she bought something lesser than she should have and that the setting she picked won't be beautiful. The stone she got IS well cut - you don't need to buy a branded diamond to get a well cut stone - AND she was able to get the style of setting she wanted. Why criticize that?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Timing is everything and my intent was not to criticize her choice. I simply agreed with what another poster had said which unfortunately came after she had made her choice. I am not rude and I am not implying that she bought a lesser ring; to the contrary, she found a ring that she loves within her price point. That's the outcome we'd love to see for everyone looking to purchase a ring.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I thought Kenny's post was really good too. Focusing on the biggest and best diamond you can afford is excellent advice to give to posters and lurkers. A poster who knows they want the "package" - the setting they desire won't be put off by it - in fact it probably makes them even more defined in what they want.

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
Polished|1445730358|3941771 said:
I thought Kenny's post was really good too. Focusing on the biggest and best diamond you can afford is excellent advice to give to posters and lurkers. A poster who knows they want the "package" - the setting they desire won't be put off by it - in fact it probably makes them even more defined in what they want.

This is most likely the only $ I'll be able to invest in the ring so I didn't want something I'd have to do future projects on that cost $ to make it look like I want. Thank you all for your advice but we all come from different incomes and mine doesn't have room for future additions. I work part time for a non-profit so we're not rollin' in the dough :) My husband used 2/3 of his yearly bonus to buy this for our 20th anniversary. It's my first and probably only diamond and I am very happy with my choice :) Now if it would just get here! Lol

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patience is a virtue ;-)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, I am super excited for you! And I totally feel your pain with the waiting!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Raemoore3|1445892633|3942334 said:
Polished|1445730358|3941771 said:

This is most likely the only $ I'll be able to invest in the ring so I didn't want something I'd have to do future projects on that cost $ to make it look like I want. Thank you all for your advice but we all come from different incomes and mine doesn't have room for future additions. I work part time for a non-profit so we're not rollin' in the dough :) My husband used 2/3 of his yearly bonus to buy this for our 20th anniversary. It's my first and probably only diamond and I am very happy with my choice :) Now if it would just get here! Lol

We are very happy for you and the most important thing is that you love the ring! We'll be anxiously awaiting those pictures as soon as it arrives!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Raemoore3|1445619102|3941367 said:

Kb1gra knows me, lol. I didn't want what so many others have, a solitaire on a plain band. I also didn't want the typical halo ring which is why the setting Niel picked out was perfect. A good quality, modest sized center stone in a fairly unique halo with great finger coverage for under $1900! That was everything I wanted and feel so grateful to y'all for helping me find it!
yea :clap:
can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!!

very nice stone by the way . . . I think it is going to look great!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just loved this thread. You got a beautiful ring for a modest sum(that is for a diamond). I would wish others could find something similar. Fabulous, and even I appreciate those who helped you. Enjoy it!

Annette

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really a lovely setting - great choice!

OP - not sure it matters to you, but in case it does, it should be early enough in the setting process to specify with JA that you'd like the prongs to be the slender claw-finish prongs shown in the JA video (as compared to the shorter, more-stubby-ended prongs shown on the two finished rings)... or vice versa, if you prefer the shorter thicker prongs. [If it were me, I'd totally want that halo with those claw prongs!]

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
marymm|1445960225|3942571 said:

OP - not sure it matters to you, but in case it does, it should be early enough in the setting process to specify with JA that you'd like the prongs to be the slender claw-finish prongs shown in the JA video (as compared to the shorter, more-stubby-ended prongs shown on the two finished rings)... or vice versa, if you prefer the shorter thicker prongs. [If it were me, I'd totally want that halo with those claw prongs!]

Marymm, great catch! I definitely want the slender claw-finish prongs and will be emailing customer service right away.

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1445971329|3942656 said:
Very excited to see the finished result! I love halos with plain shanks, in fact, I made a whole thread of them: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-halos-with-plain-shanks.157864/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-halos-with-plain-shanks.157864/[/URL]

I love how they look great with plain or diamond bands, and make stacking a whole lot easier (no diamonds to interfere with stacking). :love:

Rubybeth, I was just wondering what type of band would look best with it. I believe I like a 3mm low dome plain band or one of the tiny diamond stackable rings best or maybe even a twisted band. I'm not sure what will match the ring style best.

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
Raemoore3|1445984917|3942761 said:
marymm|1445960225|3942571 said:

Marymm, great catch! I definitely want the slender claw-finish prongs and will be emailing customer service right away.

I called them and she said it should look like the video, she said maybe the other two were customized. She made a note about it for me in their system. Hopefully that'll be enough to make sure it's done right.

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
Very excited to see the finished result! I love halos with plain shanks, in fact, I made a whole thread of them: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-halos-with-plain-shanks.157864/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-halos-with-plain-shanks.157864/[/URL]

I love how they look great with plain or diamond bands, and make stacking a whole lot easier (no diamonds to interfere with stacking). :love:

After seeing Anna_Magdalena's yg halo setting from Derco Jewelers in SF on your thread I think I love the look of a plain 2mm band.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
it's been said here before on PriceScope . . . nothing says "married" like a plain band

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Raemoore3|1445986780|3942769 said:

After seeing Anna_Magdalena's yg halo setting from Derco Jewelers in SF on your thread I think I love the look of a plain 2mm band.

I have a 2mm plain band from e-weddingbands.com and it's been great. Mine is 18k white gold, but it's also available in 14k gold, for $125. I would highly recommend them (my husband's band is also from them): http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89664.html

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - Neil, you and the OP knocked it out of the park with this one! I'm a solitaire gal myself, but I really like the halo setting you're using... I'll have to keep it in mind for future reference!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubybeth|1446048575|3943034 said:

I have a 2mm plain band from e-weddingbands.com and it's been great. Mine is 18k white gold, but it's also available in 14k gold, for $125. I would highly recommend them (my husband's band is also from them): http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89664.html

They sell a 2mm plain gold band at JA too, its listed wrong now, but I brought that to their attention I think they are correcting it. But the 3mm is 120, the 2.5mm is 110, so once fixed I think the 2mm should be 100?

The traditional sightly curved one.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just read the whole thread.....I can't wait to see your lovely ring!! Please post some hand shots too!! :naughty: :appl:

So excited for you :bigsmile: .

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock

Thanks! I'll check that out. Trying to find one at a good price since according to my husband I just spent my "Birthday, Christmas and Anniversary gift money for the next 5 years" on my diamond ring, lol. He kids, but since I bought a white gold ring and have a yellow gold band I need to get a matching band for a good price.

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
Niel|1446052029|3943054 said:

They sell a 2mm plain gold band at JA too, its listed wrong now, but I brought that to their attention I think they are correcting it. But the 3mm is 120, the 2.5mm is 110, so once fixed I think the 2mm should be 100?

The traditional sightly curved one.

I couldn't find the 2mm. The cheapest I could find at JA was $130 for 4mm which still isn't bad.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, since your engagement ring is in white gold I would definitely get the band in white gold too. Here it is at the same vendor http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89683.html -basically the same price as James Allen but since you are getting the engagement ring from them you might as well get the wedding band there too.

My first wedding band was 4mm and I wore it for many, many years. However, tastes changed and today it just looks too wide for me. I much prefer the 2-3 mm size!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! :appl: What a great "feel good" thread this was. Neil, great finds. :clap:

Keep your band thin. A 2mm band won't take away anything from the engagement ring. ;)) Also, thinner bands will let the diamond appear larger. LOL Geez, $81 for a band? What a great price. Grab it!

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Raemoore3

Rough_Rock
FYI
Just had a chat with James Allen because I noticed that the stock video of the setting I purchased shows 25 diamonds in the halo, and claw prongs and all of the videos of purchased examples of that setting showed 20 diamonds, and rounded prongs. The website says 24 diamonds, .12 ctw. The customer service agent said that the stock video is a CAD drawing, but that he would send in a request to have claw prongs and ask about what they could do about the 24 diamonds instead of 20. They're updating the website as well. He said the ctw was wrong also. They're supposed to keep me updated on the changes and he sent in a request for me to see pictures of the ring before they ship it. It's due to be shipped on Nov. 11th. This may delay it a bit, but I want make sure it's right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results