shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond from Eternity Diamonds

Aulonocara

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a stone and engagement setting from Eternity Diamonds. It was no easy task to finally pull the trigger, but I mustered up the courage and did it!

The next day I had a voicemail from Eternity Diamonds saying that the stone I had ordered was out of stock (had been purchased through another vendor....) I was pretty disappointed. :(sad

So here I am, trying to find another equivalent stone. I thought all you trusty PSers might be willing to help! :roll: :D

Here is the original stone:

Shape: Round
Size: 0.83 ct
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Lab: GIA
Polish: Ex
Symm: Ex
Fluor: none
Depth: 60.3
Table: 56
C. Angle: 33.0
P. Angle: 41.0

The price I paid for it was around $3350, so that is the money I have to work with to find a new stone. I could add a little money to this if necessary, but I don't REALLY want to. :wink2:

If any experts out there have some free time on their hands, I would greatly appreciate help choosing a new stone from Eternity Diamonds. Below are the stats I am hoping for...

.80 ct. or above
J color or better
SI1 or better (all I care about is eye-cleanliness, really.)
Excellent cut (this is where I need the most help sorting through possible options)
VG-EX symmetry and polish (how important is this really?)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice that you all are willing to provide!

Aulonocara

Rough_Rock
I guess there is some comfort knowing I am not an isolated case... :nono:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Stone, though the writer maybe shouldn't work with Eternity, that's the stated intention.

If you use the search by cut facility here, without bias, Eternity comes up again with the first 3 sorted by price:

https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-search-results/178562

...but you'd need to ignore their self designation of cut as very good. The next one, they call excellent cut, for a bit more...

Ira Z.

Aulonocara

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I am hoping to locate a stone through eternitydiamonds.com, since they already have my money for the setting and the original stone (haven't asked for a refund yet). Ideally, I'd like to buy both the setting and the stone from them.

Aulonocara

Rough_Rock
Stone-cold11 ~ no problem at all. I appreciate you helping me look.

RegularGuy ~ Do you have any insight into why http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/diamond_detail.php?id=441404&ref=pricescope would get a "Very Good" cut rating from GIA (not "Excellent"), and still score so well on HCA (0.8-X,X,X,VG)? Is it the steep crown angle (36deg)? Any idea if this difference would be noticeable to the naked eye?

Thanks

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I'm not so good on the arithmetic here, SC maybe can assist further. But...there's a lot of instances and threads showing the pattern of VG GIA being swell from the point of HCA. Though getting both to say excellent is a natural preference, personally, I'd favor the HCA thumbs up. Also, I think the high crown may suggest a more fiery result...

Ira Z.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results