shape
carat
color
clarity

~~ Diamond for Mom ~~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sillybride

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker, and used this site for help when looking around for my Engagement Ring (which I was presented with exactly one year ago today
9.gif
)

One thing that my siblings and I have known forever is how much our mother wants a diamond ring. It's not necessarily part of our customs to get one when you get engaged, and so she did not get one. We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to surprise her with a ring sometime soon, and I told my siblings that I knew just the place to ask for help
3.gif

I know my mom only wants a solitaire, and our budget for the stone is approx $1,000 (not much I know..) We're basically looking for the best bang for our buck in terms of the biggest sparkliest stone we can find in that range.

Any help you guys could provide would be MUCH appreciated ~ hugs to all in advance!!

-- Edited to add that we are looking for a round brilliant

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a thoughtful gift!!
36.gif

Assuming she''s not color sensitive (and since she''s never had one, I would tend to think not), here''s one. Of course, you need to ask if eyeclean.

Need to ask for the report, but this may be a potential...

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=998219

And I''ve heard he''s great to work with.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You want the best cut you can get.
Good cut is what makes a diamond sparkle and explode with colored fire.
A well-cut diamond looks larger too.

This is an ACA from Whiteflash.
They are incredibly brilliant diamonds to the highest cut standard.
.428 carat G SI1 with an AGS cut grade of 0, their best.
Mention pricescope and get the discount price of $838.

Have them mount it in a gold solitare band for $180.

Total is $1018.click here

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Tough on a $1k budget. I think the strategy you should take is looking for an I or lower color stone, in the SI clarity range (at the size you'll be able to get, color and clarity will be very difficult to notice, especially in a well-cut diamond). Concentrate on cut.

Doing that, I found 4 ACA stones from Whiteflash on the cut quality search, ranging from $900-1068, .53-.56 carats -

#1 ($900, .53 K/SI1)

#2 ($1037, .52 J/SI1)

#3 ($1057, .538 J/SI1)

#4 ($1068, .563 J/SI1)

My preference would be for #3 because it appears to face up the brightest - and therefore the biggest - because of the low angles of the upper girdles (which you can tell from the idealscope image). #4 would be next for the same reason, then #1 and #2 is a toss-up for me. All 4 look great, though, can't go wrong with a WF ACA.

EDIT: Julie beat me to #4!!
10.gif

sillybride

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone!!
36.gif

we''ll definitely start looking into these straight away ~ will keep you updated.

sillybride

Rough_Rock
hey everyone,

hope you all are enjoying the new year so far. after considering all of your suggestions, we''re thinking of moving forward with Whiteflash for the diamond. can anyone tell me who best to speak with @ Whiteflash to ensure that the diamond we choose is eyeclean and the absolute best for our mother? i can''t TELL you how much this diamond will mean to her
9.gif
so us kids just really want to make sure we are getting something special.

thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 10:50:18 AM
Author: sillybride
hey everyone,

hope you all are enjoying the new year so far. after considering all of your suggestions, we''re thinking of moving forward with Whiteflash for the diamond. can anyone tell me who best to speak with @ Whiteflash to ensure that the diamond we choose is eyeclean and the absolute best for our mother? i can''t TELL you how much this diamond will mean to her
9.gif
so us kids just really want to make sure we are getting something special.

thanks!
anyone there can give you that information. just give them a call and start asking questions!
you could also set up an appt. with john pollard using the commicator tool above (big yellow box at the top of the page) and discuss possiblities.

best of luck!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Is the SI2 eyeclean? That G VS2 is beautiful. Actually, they both are. Sizewise they seem to be just about the same. No visible dif. I really wish you could get a GSI1 or ESI1 that were eyeclean. If the SI2 is eyeclean, go for it. It''s cheaper. As far as cut goes, flip a coin. One''s going to be cleaner plot, the other is going to be whiter. I doubt that you will see much of a dif between the two if the E is a go.

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
either would be great. you''re getting a good size for your $$
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either would be beautiful, assuming the SI2 is eyeclean. Eeny meeny miney mo?
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 5:09:40 PM
Author: Ellen
Either would be beautiful, assuming the SI2 is eyeclean. Eeny meeny miney mo?
9.gif
Big ditto!
30.gif

sillybride

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback everyone - this is exciting
36.gif

Whiteflash has let me know that the S12 is Eyeclean, so I''m leaning towards that one. With both diamonds look to be about the same size? The HCA is giving a slightly better reading for the S12 one as well in terms of cut.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 9:36:54 AM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone - this is exciting
36.gif

Whiteflash has let me know that the S12 is Eyeclean, so I''m leaning towards that one. With both diamonds look to be about the same size? The HCA is giving a slightly better reading for the S12 one as well in terms of cut.
they are *exactly* the same size. both are 5mm.
hca doesn''t pick ''better'' stones, unless the scores were wildly different (impossible here) there are just different representations of the angles.
again, either one is a great choice. don''t wait too long, someone will snatch those up!
6.gif

sillybride

Rough_Rock
Here it is everybody!!

Whiteflash sent me pictures of my mother''s ring earlier today - I love it and I''m sure she will too
36.gif

Thanks to everyone for your help!!

Ring_0201.jpg

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful, sillybride! Your mom willl love it--how thoughtful! You''ll have to come back and tell us her reactions!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 6:00:35 PM
Here it is everybody!!

Whiteflash sent me pictures of my mother''s ring earlier today - I love it and I''m sure she will too
36.gif

Thanks to everyone for your help!!
Awwww, beautiful, and how wonderful for you to do this for your lovely mother. I''m sure she is so very special to you, and blessed to have someone like you.
12.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s just lovely! And I think you and your sibs doing this for your mom is too too sweet!
30.gif

You must come back and tell us how you presented it to her, how she reacted, etc etc!

SO much fun!!!!!

widget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really sweet gift! The ring is beautiful!!!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, that is a wonderful gift
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful gift for your Mom! You and your sibs are very thoughtful....can''t wait to hear her reaction!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is PERFECT for your mom. I bet she cries! What sweet children she has!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results