shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond for earings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
Should I get a pair of diamonds that have small tables so that it get more fires when worned on the ears? You don''t get the direct overhead lights on earings like you do with rings. I am thinking that a larger crown will reflect more light with earings? Any idea?

I know bigger is better for ring solitares. But people have told me that for earings. You should not wear large stones when you are young (25 years old). 0.5ct on each ears make you look really mature. I like to hear comment from the ladies about this.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I don't know about your first question, but I think .5 carats each would look very good on a younger woman for earrings. That's the size I want. (I better get them soon or I will no longer be a 'young woman'.)
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I have never been one to follow what others say...I love diamonds so I like them in all shapes and sizes, but bigger is better IMO.

I have .5ct studs (1 ctw) and they are really pretty. However, they could be bigger--esp as I get older! I had a friend who wore 1ct each ear (2 ctw) who was in her mid 30s and they looked great. My other girlfriend who is 30 this year has 2ct studs for each ear (4ctw) and they are a little too big for ears I think, they weigh down her ears...or maybe they just aren't the best cut.

Get what you an comfortably afford. Keep in mind that smaller table with not the right proportions may mean smaller looking stones. Don't pay for deep stones where you can't see the carat weight up top. Don't necessarily go for shallower large tabled stones if you don't want the white brilliance...but those proportions will make the diamonds look bigger. If you want something that is well-cut and looks the size it should, go with proportions that are more 'ideal' or in that type of range. That way you get a balance of fire and brilliance and well-cut stones show themselves off regardless of whether they are on your ears OR hand. My well-cut earrings throw hundreds of rainbows on the car ceilings all the time...it's alot of fun and very distracting.

2.gif
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results