shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond eternity band and clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kona lisa

Rough_Rock
Hi,

This is my first time posting here although I''ve lurked on here before for answers to my diamond and gemstone questions.

I recently purchased a diamond & sapphire eternity band in platinum. I thought I would be getting VS clarity diamonds in the ring but they are SI1-SI2 clarity with G-H color. I checked my order receipt (which didn''t specify clarity) and called the jeweler who said that they made the ring to the same specs as the store sample (which was a ruby diamond ring in yellow gold). I don''t see any visible inclusions in the diamonds but the diamonds themselves are rather small (2.65mm round - 13 diamonds at .9ctw) and appear to be eye-clean.

So, my question is, would you pay an extra $500 to have diamonds be VS clarity or would you leave well-enough alone? Maybe I''m obsessing a little over clarity as all my other diamond jewelry is VS. As I said, all other things considered, the ring is beautiful.

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results