shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Engagement Ring Help

xbpopx

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone :wavey:

Another lost individual, searching for the right diamond. I've been looking around at several sights, WF, BN, B2C, JAllen and think I am getting diamond overload with all the options.

Ideally I'd like to be in the sub $5k for round diamond and setting but if it's a little more I'd be alright with that. From my understanding Cut is top of the list of the 4C's so I am sacrificing on carat and looking around .9. I have found a few that peak my interest which are linked below. If anyone has some insight or other suggestions I am gladly open to hear them.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3685701.htm?source=pricescope

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-6572476-0.93-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=6572476&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

For the setting, I think I want to keep it simple in white gold. Perhaps some small stones along the edge. Something along the lines of this:
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/ritani-1rz2498-diamond-engagement-ring-3921.htm

Thanks everyone.

xbpopx

Rough_Rock
I inquired about the eye-clean test and was given the following on the whiteflash diamond:

"I was able to take a look at it for you and I think this is a bit of a borderline eye-clean stone. When I first looked at the diamond, I couldn't see any of the inclusions. I had to loupe the diamond first, and once I knew where to look, it was possible for me to find a couple of inclusions with my naked eye. But, they were light in color, and off on the edge of the stone, which made them pretty difficult to see. So they are definitely not obvious, and they're something you'd have to look specifically for in order to find. I would say that this would be eye clean under casual inspection for most people. "

They mentioned trying to disguise the inclusions with the right setting. I think i'll look for a similar diamond that does pass the eye-clean. Thoughts?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
xbpopx you have come to the right place to look for advice regarding purchasing a diamond! You may get a response from some of the veterans here, but I just wanted to say that I would not be too worried about the inclusions on the WF diamond that you have picked. I even have an SI2 stone and unless I am specifically looking for the inclusions, I never notice them. That's one of the pluses of super-ideal cut stones - they tend to hide inclusions pretty well! You can always order the stone, inspect it and then send it back to be set if you like it in person. Another option for you and one clarity grade up is this super-ideal diamond from BGD: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.813-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104091064017 I have worked with BGD multiple times and cannot say enough nice things about them but I think that you will be happy with either of the above mentioned stones. Best of luck!

xbpopx

Rough_Rock
thanks for the information SimoneDi, I will keep the WF diamond on the list then. It does look like WF allows you to return the diamond and setting within 30 days if I do not like it. I will also do some research on the diamond you provided, I have not run across BGD before, so I will do some research on them.

BCS sent me some images on the second diamond I had linked. Any input on these images? Should I still with an "Ideal" cut or is it okay to go down to "Excellent"?
6572476_real_image.jpg 6572476_idealscope_image.jpg 6572476_aset_image.jpg

Thanks,
Bryce

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The B2C stone is very nice and has great images. I'd personally go for this one bc its a strong performer, is bigger and has better clarity....unless you intend to upgrade at some point. If you do, then WF's upgrade policy is excellent and very generous do I would go with their stone. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results