shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Emergency! Help me pick me for Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
My mother just "dropped the bomb" on me this morning that she wished for a diamond necklace (well, she was not thinking that I would be the one to buy it for her). She retires from her 40 years at her job this month & I really want to do something special for her. DH and I were going to give her a trip, but she got one as a retirement gift from her job. At this point, I am thinking a loose diamond to present her with at Christmas, and let her choose a setting after Christmas. She is tiny and reserved, so I am thinking:

approx .25-.5 ct RB, J or K, SI1 or SI2 (lower color is fine as long as really sparkly!!) and stay under $850-- Is this possible?

Thanks for your input!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2007 1:07:45 PM
Author: mercoledi
I was eyeing this little gem at WF yesterday.
Looks to be a good stone.

Kelly,
It is very doable for a J SI1.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your options!! I am trying to decide between the loose or set..........

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think that is super sweet of you.

I''m sitting here with my 4 year old daughter in my lap as I type and can only hope she grows up to be so thoughful.

I know what ever you choose your mom will love it.

I would present her with it already set so she can wear it right away.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input! I chose the stone Mercoledi suggested in the 2nd post with the WF wg full bezel setting!! I ended going slightly over budget, but I think it will be worth it. She will be able to upgrade the stone if she chooses, too. Surprisingly, they are going to have it ready before Christmas. I think she is going to be totally floored!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great daughter! She is going to be soooooo blown away! I can''t wait to hear her reactions and see pictures!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 1:13:54 PM
Author: kellyfish
Thanks everyone for your input! I chose the stone Mercoledi suggested in the 2nd post with the WF wg full bezel setting!! I ended going slightly over budget, but I think it will be worth it. She will be able to upgrade the stone if she chooses, too. Surprisingly, they are going to have it ready before Christmas. I think she is going to be totally floored!
Kellyfish - That will be gorgeous. I pulled up the link and saw that it was sold ... I figured that it had to have been you.
36.gif

It''s fantastic that it will be ready before Christmas as well! I''m happy for you and know that your mom will have no choice but to be floored. How exciting!!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your Mom''s gift, too! Your decision helped me finally pull the trigger on Mom''s stone.....I am thinking in a year (or so) that perhaps my sis & I can trade her stone up to a .8 or something.....

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I think you mom will absolutely love the pendant and that is so thoughtful of you. You''ll have to take a picture of your mom wearing it and tell us her reaction to it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 8:46:58 AM
Author: kellyfish
Congrats on your Mom''s gift, too! Your decision helped me finally pull the trigger on Mom''s stone.....I am thinking in a year (or so) that perhaps my sis & I can trade her stone up to a .8 or something.....
Very nice! Glad I was able to help.
2.gif

Your sis and you are too sweet. My mom is own her own from here ... If she would like to upgrade, I''ll provide her with the website address ... tee hee.
11.gif
12.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results