shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Earrings in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldtimer

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m completely new to this forum and basically have only done a couple hours of research into the whole diamond world and I must stay it''s very overwhelming!

Basically, I''m looking for some recommendations on finding a set of diamond earrings for Valentine''s Day. I''m a beginner and have a couple of questions, please bare with me:

1. I''m looking for a platinum diamond studded earrings with a 3 or 4 prong setting. My budget is about $300 to $500 CDN, what''s the best I can do in this price range? I''d consider going higher if there is a particular ''sweetspot'' in terms of value for money.

2. Of the 4 C''s, what''s most important in a set of diamond earrings?

3. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Toronto area?

4. I kept on reading about appraisals, and I get the feeling this is quite common for engagement rings, but how earrings? Do earrings come with any 3rd party appraisals at all?

I think that''s it for now. Thanks for all your help in advance. This is a very informative board!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There were so many threads about diamond studs on pricescope around the Holidays, that you could write a novel about how these are bought and why. An abstact to that load of info could be... as follows.

1) Color and clarity can go down 'cause earrings are not looked upn from such proximity as the ring (so? J-K, SI-I1)

2) Cut matters: diamond earrings are suposed to sparkle, so regardless of other specs, a nice cut would help them to excell at this major requirement. And you'd probably wander why on Earth would someone look for cut parameters in a diamond the size of the tip of a pen (not your case, just some extreme), but they do !

3) It is better to buy the stones separately because ready-set earrings give barely any guarantee about the quality of the diamonds.

4) All settings are safe enough. My own opinion would lean against screw backs, since jewelry metals are too soft for threading, otherwise 3 or four prongs are just fine.

Oh, independent appraisal... it does not "come" with the jewelry (after all, *you* have to pick the appraiser to insure an *independent* opinion). It all depends if the extra cost and time is worth for you, and does not represent a major % of the total value of the item.

If you do want to buy small diamonds with optimized cut, there ay not be a huge list of sellers for them. I know Whiteflash does this, but this is all. If you do buy stones separately, buying on the web would most likely save you some money. I am not sure what a "sweet spot" for diamond earrings' vlaue might be. It probably depends on the size you have in mind. What would it be?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Well cut diamonds will be the sparkliest. In earrings you can easily consider H/I/J color and SI clarity. Earrings don't get the same scrutiny as a ring would. You might contact USA Certed to help you in your search. They are located in Canada, so you won't get hit with the premiums associated with import.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results