shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Earings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkitorture

Rough_Rock
Things I do know. I know about the 4''c
I want the Diamonds to be G or H in Color
I want the total weight to be at or around 1 ct.
I want the clarity to be SI1 to VS1
I also want either a Princess or Round Cut.
I have a budget but it is flexible.

First, there it too much information on the net about Diamonds. I have looked at several web sites for diamonds earings. I have also looked at several sites that sell loose diamonds.

I am leaning towards those sites that sell Diamond Earings as sets that are already mounted. I have found some 3/4ct with similar ratings as above for 1500.00. Which seems like a decent deal? But I also like looking at the Loose Diamond Site for they get more specific on all aspects of the diamond. But how in the world do you go from buying loose to having them mounted?

so I am wonding if anyone knows of a good company or online site that would give me the flexibility of getting some .45 ct pairs for a total weight of .9 to save a few $$$. Or am I asking for something that just isn''t there on the net. I go to most Online Jewery Sites and the only offer 3/4ct or 1ct no more no less. Very limited selection and it seems to be like that on most sites. Do these sites offer the same quality as I might find in a walk in retail store or are then indeed cheaper?

I would just like to get a great set at or around 1ct with the above rating and know that I am not paying too much of a mark up. I know that everyone must make some $$. But my biggest worry is that If I go to a loose diamond site that I might make a mistake in not having enough experience about the do''s and do nots and that the pair will not look right when seen together.

I am willing to make a venture an purchase something I haven''t seen in person and I am also willing to trust others with there advice. Just trying to not make a big 1500.00 mistake and not get a quality set of earings. I know my wife will be pleased with what ever I purchase, I just want to sleep at night knowing that I got not the best deal on the Net. But a fair deal on the net.

Thanks for your advice in advance and I look forward to hearing what others might have to say.

Later, M

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I imagine by now you have had a few PM's
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorite threads about diamond earrings (see below)....esp because I am a huge advocate of people building their own. Do not waste your money on pre-set in my opinion. You can get a much better cut (equalling more sparkle, better looking) for the same price, same size as pre-set most of the time. Also you don't know anything about the cut of the pre-set earrings, from what I have seen of pre-set....it's not always the best stones that are used. Plus building your own is much more personal and FUN.

Run a few searches on 'diamond earrings' or 'studs' in the archives and read the threads.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/studs.9932/

And another older one with some pre-set comparisons

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-studs.7889/

Also I would definitely check out the Pscope cut quality search at:

http:/www.pricescope.com/sift.asp

That will only pull up excellently cut stones, try to find two that are similar, or if you see a vendor who seems to have good selection, give them a jingle and see if they can help you select some items.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results