shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond drop earring jackets????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this is the right forum, so feel free to move me if necessary.

I had an idea for some diamond earrings and wondered if anyone has ever heard/seen of such a thing.

Basically I want to get some really good quality round studs that I can wear all the time (around .80 tcw) But then I''d like to get a dangle add-on...maybe with 2 other diamonds per ear (not sure on shapes for the dangle diamonds). Almost like a vertical drop earring jacket. I envision the drop part having a loop at the top that I would thread the studs through.....My thought was I could have 2 looks out of the same studs so I could afford to get better quality studs.

Ideas?

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been mulling over ideas for earring jackets too - must be catching!

I think it may have to be custom as the offerings I''ve seen on the web were pretty poor or they used really poor quality diamonds.
7.gif
Think we need to tempt some of the bench jewellers over to this thread.....

Anyone good at sketching?!!
35.gif

dobie

Rough_Rock
Birks in Canada have these jackets in their Kwiat Ice Drops collection.

dobie_birks_studs_jackets_3.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I just did this, and love the results. (Can't post pics right now since I left my camera at home). I got new studs for my b-day last year -- 1.2 cttw. I took some smaller drop earrings I already had, and had them switched from standalone earrings to jackets that slide into the stud post. The drops have a small round, a bagette, and a slightly larger round on the bottom. Making them jackets addes the studs to the length of the drop and gives them a more substantial look. I am very pleased.

Make sure you have them fitted to your studs specifically. They had to do mine twice to get a flush drop effect.

edited to say: I posted this as the same time as the pics above. Mine are not like this, but a more simple drop. These are beautiful.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This might be more than you are thinking of, but I think it's a great look. I might have done this if I hadn't already had my little drops. Edited to add: They are from Winfields' site -- Wink I hope you don't mind me posting them here.

earring dangles.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
just looking--custom sounds great! I probably could draw something if someone was willing to work with me.

dobie--any idea on prices of the Birk''s?

lop--your more simple drops sound like what I am thinking. When you get a chance to be near your camera would you take a picture and post it? Good point on having the drops made to the studs. I would like the studs to be white gold or platinum martini style.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I won''t be home (where my camera is ) until next week. I''ll try to remember to post then. My studs are white gold martini settings. Plat seemed like overkill since they don''t show at all.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
lop--next week is great if you remember. Thanks! the only reason I''d do platinum is that I sometimes have reactions to yellow gold. Not sure if white gold is different but I sure would hate to not be able to wear the studs!

dobie

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/21/2005 3:23:43 PM
Author: IslandDreams

dobie--any idea on prices of the Birk's?
I don't think you want to buy from Birks. They are like Tiffany in the US. The studs are only 0.33 ctw GH VS2 in platinum for 1900 CAD. I gave my GF a pair of 0.54 ctw G VS1 Ideal Cut H&A platinum martini studs for V-day. I got them from a local Vancouver designer Ron Davidson for 1375 CAD or 995 USD. The 3-strand is 1900 CAD, double circles is 5400 CAD and micropave is 5200 CAD. Birks own Mayors in the US so if you live near a Mayors then you can probably see the jackets in person there. I forgot to mention the jackets are not all in platinum, but platinum with 18K white gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results