shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond diameter on a 1.3C round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ready

Rough_Rock
I'm going to look at a 1.3C round tomorrow. I don't have all of the specs on the diamond yet. Having read this site for several months now, I always get all available information on a stone concerning angles, percentages, etc.

That being said, the dealer/gemologist (GIA grad) I'm visiting relies heavily on the Brilliance Scope as a tool...i.e., more how the diamond actually performs w/light return, scintilation, etc. - rather than on HCA type tools. He sits down with the consumer and compares stones on the machine to find the one that gives best performance for a given requirement.

This approach sounds logical to me...to find the stone that performs best to the eye. I do have a question, however.

I do know this stone has a diameter of 7.2mm. This is larger than some stones I've viewed that gave HCA scores of approximately 1.0. What could this larger diameter mean? Could it be a warning sign?

Comments/Advice appreciated!!!

ready

Rough_Rock
Thanks Garry - wow that was a fast response.

I'm hoping the stone will score favorably on your HCA once I get the details. Do you find that stones that perform well on the Brilliance Scope generally have favorable HCA scores?

By the way, I believe you may be familiar with the gemologist/dealer that I'm visiting tomorrow. He said he had spoken with you before. Local guy in Dallas, TX with a Brilliance Scope.

ready

Rough_Rock
Nope, DFW Diamonds.... Mike Clarke. He has not one, but two! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results