shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Death Match - 3 stones enter, only 1 may leave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nervis

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s patience as I hunt for the perfect stone. I''ve got it down to three and seek input...

Thank You!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There may be some, but few, who would buy an H VS1 over F VS2 or G SI1.

If you''re going for value, the 1.5 G, definitely... but if you''d miss that $1K in your wallet, then the F is good, too (but in that case, you should probably just get a smaller H SI1 to save your money.) So, my final answer is the G.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha, I like your thread title, funny! Well, if you want big the last 2 look nice; all of them look nice. I would find out if the last 2 are eye clean; what is the difference in price between the last 2?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If budget isn''t a huge issue I would take the G Si1. No point in paying for clarity you can''t see like with the last one. I''d rather have a bump in color.

And the first one would be beautiful too, but the color difference really won''t be noticeable and I''d rather have a bump in size that is pretty significant for only $1000 more!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
2 or 3 for me, which ever was the lower in price is the one would choose

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t see all the details for #3 but the 1.5 G is what I''d go for. G''s show up quite white and the inclusions are pretty hard to find.

Nervis

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the responses! Sounds like people would take size over a step up in both color and clarity...

The price difference between 2 and 3 is $200...

RE: number 2 (1.5 G), what do folks think about the inclusions?

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
only $200, G for me

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for #2
emsmile.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 3:04:51 AM
Author: Nervis
Okay... splitting hairs now,#2 beat this one?
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4941/
LOL! These are both top cut stones, you can't go wrong with either assuming they are eyeclean - I take it you have checked that? It comes down to your individual preference etc to choose between them, budget etc.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto above. Probably you might want to take a look at which vendor has the setting you like and go with their stones if they come back all eye-clean and still a tie.

Nervis

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for weighing in, and thanks to Pricescope for such a wonderful website. After a a medium dosage of hemming and hawing, I went with #2:

1.5 G SI1
ACA, H&A

Chris and Lesley at Whiteflash were super patient and more than accomodating when it came to working with a diamond buffoon like me. If I had the extra digit, I''d give them 3 thumbs up.

I''m expecting receipt of the stone tomorrow and then it''s off to plunk it into a MB Petite Princess.

Oh, and then propose.

Thank you!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice! Best of luck with the proposal, please come back and tell us how it went!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats I was too late to vote but I think you got a great stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results