shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cutters Intl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
I have a question about two diamonds I am considering. Now I have already read all I can about Diamond Cutters and Fred. And this is why I am posting this question.
Fred is offering me a:
.73 Round
VS2
G
total depth of 58.3%
Table 59%
Culet 1%
Pavil depth 43.1%
Pavil angle 40.75
Crown height 14%
Crown angle 34.5
Girdle .7-1.2%
Fluor None
Price $3924Now this of course must be set by them and mailed to me. It has a GIA cert(with no plotting) and a megascope report.The other diamond at another jeweler is:
.72 Round
VS2
F
Total depth of 61.5%
Table 54%
Culet 0%
Pavil depth 43.1%
Pavil angle 40.9
Crown height 15.7%
Crown angle 34.5
Girdle .7-1.2%
Fluor None
Price $3800
This diamond is AGS 000.Now can someone please tell me which is a better diamond and why? Also, has anyone had any good purchases with Diamond Cutters International? What should I be paying for these diamonds?
HELP, I'M CONFUSED!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You're right Garry! How one can measure with 0.05° accuracy when Sarin or Ogi does not measure better than 0.1°?!Obviously it was written to convince you that the diamond was cut exactly by Tolkowsky theoretical proportions!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Joejoe44,Does the price for the first diamond include the ring and setting cost?If it doesn't, based only the data you posted above, the second diamond is much better deal. It has higher color grade and it is Hearts and Arrows diamond.You can get 0.73 G/VS2 ideal cut diamond (not H&A) in the web for $3100.Mr. Cuelar's specialty is non-"warped" and bonded diamonds.You have to decide for yourself whether these features are important for you and worth extra $800.

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
No these prices do not include settings. So the second diamond is better you say? That is what I thought. Is it fairly priced? The price does not include 6% sales tax.

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
Yes it is a B&M store in my state. That is how I wish to buy the diamond.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Right. 6% sales tax... Are you in the same state as the vendor?Otherwise, you don't have to pay it if you are buying over the internet.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-Warning bells,-
There is no device that measures to 40.75 degrees!
the .05 gives away the mans deciet. He is a crook, I can publicly say he is a crook because he is and cant say he isnt without gaining even more notriety.
Buy the local stone, get some service and value the trust.

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
This is great! Thanks for the responses on this. I had no idea that the machines don't read out to that decimal place. I sure am glad I got my deposit back.So I take it that the second diamond at my local store is a great diamond and is being offered at a fair price? (for a non-internet diamond that is.)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Joejoe44,The price for the second stone is comparable with internet prices and from the data you provided it is much better deal. If you feel comfortable with your B&M jeweler, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results