shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cut/Quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jazzjer1

Rough_Rock
Hey, first time user, so help would be greatly appreciated. I found a diamond with the below measurements. I need input on whether or not the diamond is worth 6,700. I haven''t bought it yet and it comes with a GIA report. But, are these measurements good for lack of a better term?

Carat weight: 1.04
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 62.3%
Table %: 54%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.50 x 6.54 x 4.06 mm

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 10:09:34 AM
Author:jazzjer1
Hey, first time user, so help would be greatly appreciated. I found a diamond with the below measurements. I need input on whether or not the diamond is worth 6,700. I haven''t bought it yet and it comes with a GIA report. But, are these measurements good for lack of a better term?

Carat weight: 1.04
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 62.3%
Table %: 54%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.50 x 6.54 x 4.06 mm
Hi and welcome!

Can you post the crown and pavilion angles please? These should be on the GIA report if it is recent. Is the diamond online and if so can you get an ASET or Idealscope image for it?

jazzjer1

Rough_Rock
hey, thanks for the response, the crown angle is 34.5 degrees and the pavilion is 40.8 degrees

jo123.jpg

jazzjer1

Rough_Rock
hey, thanks for the response, the crown angle is 34.5 degrees and the pavilion is 40.8 degrees

jo1234.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks promising, which vendor has it?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In spite of what many advisers will tell you about the dangers of guidance by parameters, I have yet to see a single instance of any round diamond grading 1A on the AGA Cut Class system which failed to be a superb stone. 1A is a very tight, Tolkowsky based grade and it would be very difficult and most unusual for a diamond cutter, who are all highly skilled, to ruin such a great potential.

It is always best to see something you wish to judge for beauty, but this is not going to be a disappointing stone.

CUTGRADEREPORT3-11-09.jpg

jazzjer1

Rough_Rock
blue nile

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 8:36:51 AM
Author: jazzjer1
blue nile
Ok then images won''t be possible. The diamond does have good numbers, you could order it and see for yourself if you wished, BN do have a good return policy in case you weren''t happy but it should be a good looking diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results