shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond crushed by mother-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigKahuna

Rough_Rock
Yes, it's true. My mother-in-law accidentally threw my wife's engagement ring and wedding ring into the sink disposal. I almost threw her in afterwards but was able to restrain myself. The main diamond on the engagement ring was destroyed as was just about everything else. We had just moved and didn't have a new appraisal, so I didn't have coverage. However, my homeowners policy will cover $1000 for each ring, but that leaves me somewhat short. Needless to say, I'm looking to save some money and am somewhat intrigued by the clarity enhanced (CE) stones. The recently deceased stone was a radiant cut, 1.52 G VS2. It was something like $7000 to $8000. I don't want to shell out that kind of money again, buy it looks like I can get a 1.5 G SI1 for about $4500 (clarity enhanced). I've read some of the drawbacks and feel pretty safe about moving forward with them and am heavily motivated by the reduced price. Any last minute words of wisdom before I move forward and buy a CE? Any advice on insurance angles I can use to get more money? Thanks in advance for your help!------------------

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
OUCH!Almost every expert post answering a question about buying clarity enhanced has discouraged it. There are some threads here asking a question similar to yours so you can read up.If you are going that route, than you should definitely buy where you get a good return policy in writing and have the stone looked at by a good independent appraiser.
http://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.asp
www.appraiserunderoath.com Then insure it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results