shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond compare

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a few weeks now and finally settled on this diamond from James Allen:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1197276

In the meantime, I had registered at WF looking at settings, but didn''t go with WF because I found their website a lot more difficult to use and was unable to find what I considered to be a comparable diamond for the same price. However, WF ended up contacting me and sending me this diamond (I don''t have a link, only what they sent me, which is the following plus the GIA report):
Round 0.74 F VVS2 EX EX EX GIA F 60.5% 57% 5.85-5.88x3.55 $3100

The WF customer service person didn''t indicate whether or not it is H&A.

What questions should I be asking to see which is the better diamond? I put the info into the comparison tool here, but I''m not sure what to do with the results.

My budget overall is $5000, give or take a couple hundred (including the setting). Please give me your thoughts!

Kim

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
need the crown and pavilion angles.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
34.5 crown / 40.5 pavilion

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 9:49:47 AM
Author:KLETCO
I have been searching for a few weeks now and finally settled on this diamond from James Allen:

In the meantime, I had registered at WF looking at settings, but didn't go with WF because I found their website a lot more difficult to use and was unable to find what I considered to be a comparable diamond for the same price. However, WF ended up contacting me and sending me this diamond (I don't have a link, only what they sent me, which is the following plus the GIA report):
Round 0.74 F VVS2 EX EX EX GIA F 60.5% 57% 5.85-5.88x3.55 $3100

The WF customer service person didn't indicate whether or not it is H&A.

What questions should I be asking to see which is the better diamond? I put the info into the comparison tool here, but I'm not sure what to do with the results.

My budget overall is $5000, give or take a couple hundred (including the setting). Please give me your thoughts!

Kim
Welcome Kim!

I will just fix your link firstly then I will take a look...

The above diamond looks very nice, if a hearts and arrows diamond is what you want then a hearts image is needed in order to judge overall cut precision, however this vendor does not provide them. It looks like a well cut diamond though.

Also did you want such high colour and clarity? If so then of course that is fine, I just thought I would mention you can lower the colour and clarity a bit without visual sacrifice if you wished.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 10:02:39 AM
Author: KLETCO
34.5 crown / 40.5 pavilion
An Idealscope image is needed for that angle combo please. Whiteflash should be able to provide one on request.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Ok, I''m requesting an idealscope image.
:)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 10:06:37 AM
Ok, I''m requesting an idealscope image.
:)
Sounds good!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The WF stone is not a H&A because the report in not from AGS, so not an in-house stone, at least not their ACA brand. But the numbers look good. As above, ask for IS/ASET. Good luck.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 10:10:45 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
The WF stone is not a H&A because the report in not from AGS, so not an in-house stone, at least not their ACA brand. But the numbers look good. As above, ask for IS/ASET. Good luck.
It isn't going to be a h&a of course but Whiteflash do have GIA graded in stock diamonds.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Also did you want such high colour and clarity? If so then of course that is fine, I just thought I would mention you can lower the colour and clarity a bit without visual sacrifice if you wished.

I missed this question earlier.

I was planning on a platinum setting, so I was looking for a high color diamond - however, I can go lower if necessary. As for clarity, to be quite honest it is a mental thing... This will be my second marriage and my first diamond was princess cut .71 ct, VVS2, G color...... and I want to match that one. Crazy, I know. The first diamond was also uncertified and I don''t know what cut.... I think I am going to have some trouble selling it.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Ok, WF got back to me and it is not an in house diamond, so I cannot get an Idealscope image without having it brought in from the vendor. Honestly, I don''t want to go to all of that trouble.

Here is what they are recommending instead:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2097570.htm

This one is a lower color and clarity. I need some honest opinions on this one, as the prices are comparable, but I don''t have a great grasp of what, if anything, I am sacrificing by going for one over the other.

Of course, I want the diamond to be eye-clean, I don''t want it to appear colorless against a platinum setting. I prefer quality over size, and I want it to sparkle.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 11:53:47 AM
Ok, WF got back to me and it is not an in house diamond, so I cannot get an Idealscope image without having it brought in from the vendor. Honestly, I don't want to go to all of that trouble.

This one is a lower color and clarity. I need some honest opinions on this one, as the prices are comparable, but I don't have a great grasp of what, if anything, I am sacrificing by going for one over the other.

Of course, I want the diamond to be eye-clean, I don't want it to appear colorless against a platinum setting. I prefer quality over size, and I want it to sparkle.

Huh? 'you don't want it to appear colorless'???? Then you should go down to J/K or even R/S and save $$ :razz: It will be almost colorless unless you are a trained graded and looking at it from the pavilion in a grey background. ACA is nice, a H&A diamond, no problem with the ASET/IS images.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Huh? ''you don''t want it to appear colorless''???? Then you should go down to J/K or even R/S and save $$ :razz: It will be almost colorless unless you are a trained graded and looking at it from the pavilion in a grey background. ACA is nice, a H&A diamond, no problem with the ASET/IS images.

LOL, I think I''m exhausted from all of this diamond searching!
Correction: I want it to appear colorless.... :)

I need to look at the settings for WF a little more. I had decided on one from JA, and WF doesn''t have the same one. Every time I tried to create a ring with WF up to now, it went over budget when I picked the setting that I wanted, which was a turnoff. I would prefer to get the setting and ring from the same vendor.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 11:53:47 AM
Ok, WF got back to me and it is not an in house diamond, so I cannot get an Idealscope image without having it brought in from the vendor. Honestly, I don't want to go to all of that trouble.

This one is a lower color and clarity. I need some honest opinions on this one, as the prices are comparable, but I don't have a great grasp of what, if anything, I am sacrificing by going for one over the other.

Of course, I want the diamond to be eye-clean, I don't want it to appear colorless against a platinum setting. I prefer quality over size, and I want it to sparkle.
Do you mean you want the whitest looking diamond possible, or one which shows a definite tint? If you could let me know that would help.

ETA - I see you did mean you want it to look colourless, so a reliably graded G colour with a great cut will look extremely white, so the ACA could be a definite contender.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:13:11 PM
I would prefer to get the setting and ring from the same vendor.
Ya, that is always easier. Which JA setting were you interested in?

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:13:11 PM

Huh? ''you don''t want it to appear colorless''???? Then you should go down to J/K or even R/S and save $$ :razz: It will be almost colorless unless you are a trained graded and looking at it from the pavilion in a grey background. ACA is nice, a H&A diamond, no problem with the ASET/IS images.

LOL, I think I''m exhausted from all of this diamond searching!
Correction: I want it to appear colorless.... :)

I need to look at the settings for WF a little more. I had decided on one from JA, and WF doesn''t have the same one. Every time I tried to create a ring with WF up to now, it went over budget when I picked the setting that I wanted, which was a turnoff. I would prefer to get the setting and ring from the same vendor.
Keep in mind that WF offers a Pricescope discount. You just have to mention it to them, and it can save you a few percent off the price shown on the website.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
I didn''t realize WF offered the pricescope discount, I will check it out.

I have had my heart set on platinum, but the more I look at WF, the more I am impressed by the Champagne setting. I disregarded it at first because buying that setting in platinum really blows away my budget, but I just saw this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-went-to-whiteflash.38147/

And it really blew me away. Maybe I will go with yellow gold after all? I need to price, and find out about the pricescope discount.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 12:40:24 PM
I didn't realize WF offered the pricescope discount, I will check it out.

I have had my heart set on platinum, but the more I look at WF, the more I am impressed by the Champagne setting. I disregarded it at first because buying that setting in platinum really blows away my budget, but I just saw this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-went-to-whiteflash.38147/

And it really blew me away. Maybe I will go with yellow gold after all? I need to price, and find out about the pricescope discount.
The Champaigne setting is very beautiful and a firm favourite around here! Personally I love it in yellow gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results