shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I've recently encountered 2 different opinions on diamond colors and I would like to know the real deal! Ok, the first opinion is from a jeweller who's been in business for 20+ years. He said that when mounted, a G color stone can look like an F. Sounds good but is it true ?. The second opinion is from a broker I just met with yesterday ( I had a bad experience by the way). He said a D is a D, a E is an E, and F is a F...... and there is no such thing as a D/E color, E/F color etc. I'm so confused. I want to buy a best value stone for my money but I don't know if I should sacrifice color for a bigger size. ALSO, this stoopid broker said that there is no such thing as an 'ideal cut'... argh. I should have asked him if the word Tolkowsky meant anything. Anybody??

Laurie :knockout:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are both correct :)

What differences can you see in shaded daylight and artificial lighting?

Unset we can turn the stone upside down and accurately grade it. I could not reliably pick a G from an F with no master stones or out of a lab. In a lab I would be right perhaps 70% of the time between the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results