shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond colors and clarity

bigote

Rough_Rock
First of, I'm a beginner when it comes to diamonds, but have been trying to understand the many areas of a diamond nightly during my research. I started getting into more detailed aspects of loose diamond purchases, when a google search brought me to this site :)

A little background, I have been looking for an engagement/wedding set for my gorgeous GF. She found a beautiful setting a B&M jeweler, but after reading all I have, I want to go with a certified diamond and I dont know if a channel set can be made to a size 4. So after more countless nights of research, I found THE RING!!!

setting_template_main.jpg
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-white-gold_4784?track=mi

I began looking for diamonds with good table, depth, etc and came acrossed this:

Capture.png

while the channeled diamonds that come with the rings are:
Average color: I
Average clarity: SI2

My concern is the surrounding diamonds and how the main diamond will make them appear less vibrant. However, from what I read on here, the opinions seem to be split down the middle as yes you can mix color and clarity and no you cant.

As I'm buying this online, I will not be able to visually see it... Also if someone has other dealers that are legit or diamonds options, please let me know.

What I'm most concerned is the finally outcome of the set and her happiness. I only plan on getting married once, so I want to feel I did good at this chapter in my life.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bigote|1302753913|2895697 said:
<Snip>

My concern is the surrounding diamonds and how the main diamond will make them appear less vibrant. However, from what I read on here, the opinions seem to be split down the middle as yes you can mix color and clarity and no you cant.

As I'm buying this online, I will not be able to visually see it... Also if someone has other dealers that are legit or diamonds options, please let me know.

What I'm most concerned is the finally outcome of the set and her happiness. I only plan on getting married once, so I want to feel I did good at this chapter in my life.

The vibrancy of these stones is going to be determined by the cutting. The color is so close that you will not see the difference of one color, especially with stones of such disparate sizes.

So long as the clarity of the smaller stones has not been misrepresented at the SI2 level that should not visually affect the brilliance of them. It is all about how well they are cut. Well cut and they will be beautiful. Not well cut, well ...

You may well wish to take the extra step of seeing the ring and the diamond before having it set, then you can be sure. At the very least talk with one of their sales associates and ask their honest opinion on the diamonds.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results