shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Clarity and Differences in Price -Whiteflash

FLNurse

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon Everyone,

I've been looking for a Precision Cut lab created diamond on the WhiteFlash website. It seems that the clarity grade affects the price a great deal and I'm not understanding why. There are IF and VS1 which are both eye clean and no post-treatment growth-all other specs the same. Given that both are eye clean and all other specs the same -is there ever really a reason to spend an extra 1k to 2k for a IF vs a VS1?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to know the answer to this.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If VS1 is just as mind-clean to you as VVS or IF, then there isn't a reason to spend extra.

FLNurse

Rough_Rock
For example-look at the tiny difference in the specs here, but pretty large difference in price in these diamonds. I'm sure there is something I'm missing?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since all of the better producers can consistently produce DEF VVS anything that falls below that should trade at a discount.
With labs its not a rarity grade its more a perceived quality grade.
Its all rather silly and has been in mined goods for a long time.
Crystal quality which is more important than the clarity grade as its used on the report is near totally ignored.

Last edited:

FLNurse

Rough_Rock
I talked to the lady through chat just now. She said the price difference between the two 2.01 diamonds was due to one being VVS1 and the other being a VVS2. Said that the VVs1 was more rare even among lab diamonds. I asked why given that the VS1 and VS2 were stating eye clean. Then said no difference-some people pay more to own rare diamonds.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to the lady through chat just now. She said the price difference between the two 2.01 diamonds was due to one being VVS1 and the other being a VVS2. Said that the VVs1 was more rare even among lab diamonds. I asked why given that the VS1 and VS2 were stating eye clean. Then said no difference-some people pay more to own rare diamonds.

Yup. That's exactly correct.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I would not call either vvs1 or vvs2 rare at all with lab diamonds.
Talking about rarity and lab diamonds is more ways than one kinda bogus.

FLNurse

Rough_Rock
Yes, I have to say I agree after checking out all the FL, and IF LGDs. Plus all the D and E colors and ideal cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results