shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pmd1117

Rough_Rock
I'm debating between a DSI1 and EVS2 (about 1.2 carrot). Any suggestions if the cut quality is the same?

I agree with Lawmax. Ususally price difference is bigger for a grade of clarity than a grade of color. However, on today's market white goods become more rare and in higher demand so the situation can change.

Is SI1 stone flawless for the naked eye?Is there any price difference?

I'm still in the looking phase and needed to narrow the choices down but I would try to find a SI1 that was not visible to naked eye. It seems that the difference between a SI1 and VS2 and D and E are not noticible to the naked eye when in a setting (so I guess the choice is more for getting a better value).

All other things being equal, I'd take the E VS2.
smile.gif

In 100 years time the difference in price for the DSI1 will be less than it now is for the clarity premium on EVS2. If I am wrong
wink.gif
who cares?
garry

Actually, I just think that, for me, it would be the better trade-off. It would depend on the types of inclusions in the stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP