shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dave_D

Rough_Rock
HELP ! I'm under alot of stress. I hear so many horror stories. I have 2 choices, which is the Best Deal ? Both diamonds are $23,000.00 GIA certified.

D Color, 2.02 carats, Depth 63.1%, Table 57 %, thin/medium girdle, polish & symmetry are very good, VS2 clarity, no fluorescence. has a small cloud visible with 10x microscope.

F color, 2.02 carats, depth 62.9%, table 57 %, medium/thick girdle, polish & symmetry are very good, VVS2 clarity, slight blue fluorescence, has a small feather visible with 10x microscope.

2 difference - cloud vs feather, clarity VS2 vs VVS2

which one ?

Thank you for all your help.:loopy:

golfer

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/21/2002 1:53:45 PM

HELP ! I'm under alot of stress. I hear so many horror stories. I have 2 choices, which is the Best Deal ? Both diamonds are $23,000.00 GIA certified.

D Color, 2.02 carats, Depth 63.1%, Table 57 %, thin/medium girdle, polish & symmetry are very good, VS2 clarity, no fluorescence. has a small cloud visible with 10x microscope.

F color, 2.02 carats, depth 62.9%, table 57 %, medium/thick girdle, polish & symmetry are very good, VVS2 clarity, slight blue fluorescence, has a small feather visible with 10x microscope.

2 difference - cloud vs feather, clarity VS2 vs VVS2

which one ?

Thank you for all your help.:loopy:
----------------

Assuming crown & pavillion angles are equal (read up on this in the tutorial), I'd prefer the D. Better color (it does matter, especially in a 2 carat) and better girdle. You'll never notice the difference between a VVS2 and VS2.

That said, once you get all the angles (you should), your decision might be very easy.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I would select neither stone. Both seem too deep.

And, JMHO, I also would not select a D color stone. A well cut F stone will suit just fine once set. I have a 3 carat "I" stone w/ bl. fluor and the stone is set in platinum - still very white.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would probably go with the d vs2 G.I.A ,most vs2 are nice enough where you still get a good clarity without paying the price of a VVS or IF.
Just one thing that I didnot like about those stones are the depths,I would try to stay around the 59%-61% depths with tables from 60%or less, just as a comparison go into my site and check those out.

diamondsman :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results