shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond chipping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frank03

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a beautiful “A Cut Above” diamond and am now looking to have it mounted. The one piece of research that I did not do is, when I have the diamond mounted in a ring, who is liable if the diamond gets chipped along the girdle? Is the jewelry store responsible for damaging the stone or do I need to get insurance before I have the stone mounted ? After putting out this much money for a stunning diamond, I would hate to have it chipped and if it did happen then I would like to know what I can do to recover my loses.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some jewelers do not want to take responsibility for setting someone else's stone. Some may be willing to take the risk. Would suggest insurance BEFORE setting to cover the bases, but some insurance companies will not insure a loose stone if you plan to have it set.

Tough call....try calling around and finding out your options from people local to you...asking us we can only give speculation.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Why don't you send it back to whiteflash and have them mount your ACA? Are you looking for an intricate design setting? Something that can't be found online?

frank03

Rough_Rock
Sending the stone back to Whiteflash would be the safest thing to do, but we have looked at a lot of rings and she finally found exactly what she wants. It isn't anything special, just a semi mount with princess cut diamonds set in a channel mount. I guess I should talk to the jeweler and voice my concerns and see what they have to say. We did check out the semi mounts on whiteflash, and there were nice ones, but she feels that she needs to see it in person to really make the decision.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would buy the setting from your jeweler, and ship both to WF and have them set it. I would always have the diamond company set the stone...rather than some random setting jeweler. Which is more expensive? Chances are, the diamond.
2.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto. It makes far more sense to have WF set their own stone.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results