shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cerificate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
So my fiance bought my ring at least 3 weeks ago maybe more. He still has not received the certificate from the jeweler. It is my understanding that the certificate is something that you should get the day you walk out the store with the ring. She told him that she didn''t have it on her and would mail it to him but he has yet to receive it. He is calling her again today to ask where it is. But frankly this is making me a little nervous. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
usually the certificate is shown with the diamond and given to you when you purchase it. did your fiance see the certificate when he was looking at the diamond--before he purchased it?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
When we purchased my ring back in November, they brought some diamonds in from somewhere else for me to view. Each diamond came with a copy of the certificate. The jeweler told me they would have to send off for the original once the purchase was complete. I still haven''t received mine either, so I guess I need to call.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I''m pretty sure he did see the certificate before he purchased the ring. But it''s just making me nervous that she promised to send it and still has not done so. After all this was not a $50 purchase and so I feel like the certificate should not be treated as such. He also only got the ring appraised by her and now I definitely want to get an independent appraiser as well.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The jeweller should have the original certificate and you should have had it with you when leaving the store unless you both come to a mutually agreebale alternative.

A copy of the certificate is fine provided you can either read the inscription number or see similar inclusions to be able to authenticate the copy of the certificate matches the corresponding diamond. An independent apprasier is also good for this purpose.

Otherwise, get the jeweller to request a proper copy of the original from GIA (or whichever lab) or resend the stone back for grading for a new certificate.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
When stones are brought in on memo, it''s not uncommon for the supplier to send only photocopies of the certs, the originals being sent with a copy of the paid invoice of the stone(s) purchased.

Not a mystery, not a conspiracy, and not a reason to be concerned...in most cases, but I can understand the unease until confirmation is made.

Knowing your vendor = a good night''s sleep.
emdgust.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results