shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond buying etiquette HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tah10

Rough_Rock
When E Ring shopping we gave our jewler a budget... and all of the options came in at the top of the budget, $20,000. Is it inappropriate to try and get them to come down on the price?

We are looking at a two carat RB, in the g/h SI1, SI2 range with a micro pave halo with two 1.9mm micro pave bands (diamonds only going 3/4 of the way around the bands) one on each side of the main band also having micro pave 3/4 of the way around. Does the top end of our budget sound right or should we have some wiggle room?

Thank you for any help!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Use the PS feature under PRICES and go to Search by Cut. When you plug in your requirements you''ll get a list of stones offered by some PS vendors. That''ll give you an idea of the cost of 2 ct stones. The setting could be $1K - $2K or more.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 12:36:29 AM
Author:tah10
When E Ring shopping we gave our jewler a budget... and all of the options came in at the top of the budget, $20,000. Is it inappropriate to try and get them to come down on the price?

We are looking at a two carat RB, in the g/h SI1, SI2 range with a micro pave halo with two 1.9mm micro pave bands (diamonds only going 3/4 of the way around the bands) one on each side of the main band also having micro pave 3/4 of the way around. Does the top end of our budget sound right or should we have some wiggle room?

Thank you for any help!
You can certainly ask if they have any flexibility on price.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I am FAR from having the experience with stones as many on here (I'm rusty) but I plugged your numbers and this came up

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218714.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

It's an I color but SI2 and a 1.86....put it through the cut adiser and it scored a 1.6 (if I remember correctly). Maybe Lorelei can tell you if she thinks this is a good option. I found no 2ct at all with your specs.

Maybe the ppl at James Allen can check if it's eye clean. GL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 7:11:49 AM
Author: atroop711
I am FAR from having the experience with stones as many on here (I''m rusty) but I plugged your numbers and this came up

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218714.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

It''s an I color but SI2 and a 1.86....put it through the cut adiser and it scored a 1.6 (if I remember correctly). Maybe Lorelei can tell you if she thinks this is a good option. I found no 2ct at all with your specs.

Maybe the ppl at James Allen can check if it''s eye clean. GL

Thanks Atroop!!

The diamond above could indeed be well worth consideration, I can see a little leakage on the IS but it might not be perceptible to the human eye, if the diamond is eyeclean to preferred standards then it could definitely be a contender.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:36:29 AM
Author:tah10

Thank you for any help!
That depends partly on how well cut it is. Putting it through the open search feature, a 2 ct G SI1 starts out at 16,200.00 and goes to 24,374.00. If it''s an AGS0 you will most likely pay a bit more for it, and especially if it''s branded, but without more specifics, it''s hard to say.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One thing that occurs to me is that for that kind of money, I''d like to see you get a diamond with a GIA or AGSL report.
The fact that the stone is described as G/H Si1-2 indicates a lack of proper report.

For sure it''s ok to ask for a lower price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results