shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone tell me what they think the difference in cost of a 10 caret diamond bracelet, channel set I,J color, as oppose to a 10 caret prong set, F,G in color... Stones are approximately same cut and clarity. Thanks!!! ABBOTT

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I sitll feel new here - probably since I don''t know anything about diamonds or gemstones and am just learning. Mostly I just lurk but I feel I''m learning so much. The reason I''m responding to this post is because my Mother gave me her 5+ carat tennis bracelet set in three prong settings. I do a lot of gardening and I told her that I could never wear it all the time with my hands in the dirt all the time but she insisted - she said SHE always wore it all the time and never took it off and so should I. Well, guess what. At first I broke it a couple of times. Neither one of us are extra large people but we have big bones and to buy a bracelet ''off the shelf'' is not possible for us - at least one that feels comfortable. We both need an 8" length. But back to the subject. When it broke the first two times, I noticed it immediately and had it repaired. Then I lost it - I thought for good. After 6 months of looking and even renting a metal detector to search in the garden with no luck, I found it in the house where it had ''stuck'' onto some towels I evidently had been folding. I decided right then and there (after crying with joy from my find) that I would have my diamonds reset in a bangle - channel set. Of course having them set channel set, I didn''t have enough for the size bracelet I needed, but my jeweler provided what I needed through a trade for another ring that I never wore. I might lose a stone this way but never the bracelet. I absolutely love it. It couldn''t have turned out better. I took a picture to the jeweler that did the work and it turned out just exactly like the picture. I don''t know if this helps you but it''s my story and I''m sticking to it.
19.gif

abbott

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking about trading my channel set for a prong set bracelet. I have 2 other 5 caret bracelets that I wear for everyday. I have the 10 caret for special occassions. I like the prong setting because it has more of a sparkle. I thought it was because the diamond is more open in the prong setting than in the channel set. The channel set diamonds cast a yellow hue... but they are surrounded by yellow gold. The prong setting is white gold. Anyone else to comment on the price difference between channel setting and prong setting??? Anyone else have problems with the prong setting ??? Thanks!!! ABBOTT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results