shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Belly Button Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
No, I''m not kidding...

This isn''t new, I had it for a long time before I''d ever heard of PS. I''d seen posts with people kidding around about diamond belly button rings and toe rings early on and always meant to post pics of this but never got around to it.

Anyhow, it''s late and I can''t sleep, and I got a sudden itch to practice my diamond photo skills, so here at long last is my "show me the belly button ring" post!

About the jewelry - the stone is uncertified and the piece was a gift from a college boyfriend who got it through a family friend in the jewelry biz (I''d had the exact same one in a CZ previously, so he got me a real one). I''ve had it for about 4 years now and still wear it because it''s the only real diamond I own, and because I just find it very funny. (I would have taken the piercing out LONG ago if it weren''t for this piece. I''ve changed a lot since college and am not really the type that people would expect to still have a body piercing, let alone a goofy diamond belly button ring - so Britney!)

It is definitely "belly button ring quality" (which I think would be lower than most people''s acceptable "pendant quality" ; ), but very pretty and sparkly. It is 7 mm across. A jeweler I asked estimated it to be L ish color, which sounds about right. The only time that body color isn''t discernable is when it''s under really bright lights. In some of the pics you can see the big difference between the main stone and the tiny top stone which is colorless. I have no idea about clarity, but I can''t see anything with my naked eye.

Anyhow, tons of pics to follow!

19.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Hope these next 2 pice don''t gross anyone out, but I think they''re obligatory, right!?!?! LOL

26.gif

ringonstomach2.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
All done...

This has been fun!
2.gif

ringonstomach3.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool Katrina!! I like the belly ring and I''m so envious of your nice flat belly to wear it on!! Alas, a twin pregnancy and a c-section have forever ruined my tummy I''m afraid, but a girl can always hope right?

It''s great!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
cool idea. I''m for as many diamonds on one''s body as possible. I have a friend who''s husband got her a diamond nose stud for I think her wedding present. I''m sure that is more common than the belly button ring though!

yeah.. i don''t have a flat enough belly to wear that either! My fiance has been BEGGING me to get one since we started dating.. not gonna happen.

storm024

Rough_Rock
Wow, it''s so sparkly blinding!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
All I can say is :

OUCH!!!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I agree ouch! Also, be aware, anyone considering piercing their belly button, I had a friend who had one and her OB told her not to wear it during her pregnancy as they stretch as you do and have a tendancy to get infected. He said it was safer for her and her baby to avoid infection as much as possible. Apparently, the highest infection rate for piercings is the belly button. As much as I like diamond jewelry, I''ll settle for my two ears, thank you.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
ahhhh.. 7/1, you are showing your age!
9.gif
. (I can say that since I am more or less there with you.....)

Great ring katrina. I''m not going to get one any time soon, but I think they are fun and yours has great sparkle.
2.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I was afraid that close up pic would make some people cringe, sorry for that! The piercing doesn''t ever hurt anymore of course, but was indeed very painful at first.

I keep being tempted to make this into something else because it is kind of silly to still be sporting this thing in my navel, but I think the color would bother me in a ring, and I like being able to see it so don''t really want to make it into a pendant...

So, I''ll just hang on to it, and then whenever I get pregnant and have to take it out, that will be that...

In fact, it seems like the perfect kind of stone to eventually give to a teenage daughter as a pendant, with a weird/cute backstory "this used to be mommy''s belly button ring stone, until she had to take it out when she got pregnant with you" (or I don''t know, maybe that is more just plain weird than weird/cute!!) lol!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2005 11:21:26 AM
Author: pearcrazy
Very cool Katrina!! I like the belly ring and I''m so envious of your nice flat belly to wear it on!! Alas, a twin pregnancy and a c-section have forever ruined my tummy I''m afraid, but a girl can always hope right?

It''s great!!
hahaha - me too! Two c/sections and well, no tummy to show off.
7.gif

Katrina - I love your diamond belly-button ring! Very cute. . .how big is the diamond? Over 1.2 carats (for 7 mm)? This must be huge!!!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I never had a cert or anything, so I have no idea about weight. Yes, unless it''s really shallow (which it doesn''t seem to be to me) it must be over 1 ct, and perhaps up around 1.25 ct. I will probably get it appraised someday just for fun. I know what he paid for it (through a family jeweler connection, so I bet the prices are about like the online jewelers here), and based on a quick search, it would make sense that the stone is about a 1.2 something, L - M colored, SI stone. The only reason I would get it appraised is curosity about cut quality. I wonder because it''s really sparkly and seems to be a good performer to my eyes, so I''m curious about whether the stone is actually a decent cut, or whether it just looks good to my untrained eyes! I have seen plenty of stones in the LA jewelry district and in mall showcases that didn''t seem to perform nearly as well to me, so maybe I''m not totally off base.

It''s weird, because it looks really noticeably tinted about half of the time, and like an "H" or something in the other half of lighting environments I''ve seen it in.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2005 6:48
6.gif
4 PM
Author: lop
ahhhh.. 7/1, you are showing your age!
9.gif
. (I can say that since I am more or less there with you.....)

Great ring katrina. I''m not going to get one any time soon, but I think they are fun and yours has great sparkle.
2.gif

Hey I''m only 37!
I guess it was the green-eyed monster coming out.
27.gif
27.gif

I want a flat stomach. Whaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaa
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
15.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Your belly ring is super sparkly. I wouldn''t mind sporting that around. Actually I was thinking about the availability of diamond belly ring. I love it.

When I first got my belly pierced, it didn''t hurt at all. I did wash and flush it with sea salt water everyday though to make sure that it won''t infected. After it healed, I didn''t have to do any special cleaning anymore. I just clean my navel in the shower like I used to before I got the piercing. It had been 4 yrs without any infection.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Does it get snagged on stuff? I would worry about that with prong set diamonds on a belly ring.

I had mine pierced 3 years ago, and after it healed had my local jeweler custom make me a belly ring. It is yellow gold (which looks much better on a tan stomach than white gold), and has a top solid gold ball, and a larger gold ball with scattered diamonds (in the Tiffany Etoile style) on the bottom. Since it is smooth with no sharp edges, it doesn''t catch or snag on anything and I have worn it constantly since I got it. I had the jeweler make it to the BOTTOM ball is the one that screws off (normally the top one does), so that I can change balls without removing the bar. He made me a second, large decorative gold ball for the bottom that has pink sapphires on it, but I like the diamond one better, so that is what I normally wear. :)

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
No, it doesn''t snag on stuff, although you''re right, it seems like it would. I am very used to it . The times I''ve had to take it out (most recently for a Zipline course where I had to wear a harness) I felt naked.

Your ring(s) sound so cool! I like the idea of the bottom ball being able to unscrew and change out.

I wonder how many requests custom jewelers get for these things!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...in your defense 7/1...I''m 31 and all I have to say is OUCH.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea to make laptops water proof... Mine just took a coffee bath !!! Congrats for the daring pictures
9.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
lol. thanks for the compliments on the flat belly. i try to enjoy now because i do not expect it to last past my first pregnancy!!! (based on the other women in my family, none of whom have been able to get back into anything like pre-pregnancy shape) I don''t know how some people do that.

Meanwhile, I''ve gotten bored with my belly ring, and have asked my boyfriend for this one for the next gift-giving occasion instead: (You guys HAVE to check this out, just trust me!)

http://www.gembaby.com/jewelry-details.asp?id=13449&q=start|1

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Okay, now. I am 36 and have had my belly pierced since I was 28, well after I had both my kids. You don''t have to have a perfect tummy to look good with a pierced navel.

I think I need a diamond belly ring now.
26.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I need a $150,000, 13.36 carat fancy yellow radiant diamond in my belly button right now!

I''m wondering who the target consumer is for that one!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, wouldn''t that giant rock be pulling on the piercing something awful??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are a braver girl than moi! i love the idea of a big belly button rock though. ;-)

i am still determined to get my diamond toe rings, though it''s somewhere on the list with 2c upgrade and bigger earrings. i think i am falling behind!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results