shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Bangle or Tennis Bracelet?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was gonna say that I would love a diamond bangle. But I would choose a tennis bracelet first cause I think that is more comfortable to be worn at a computer all day, which is what I am doing now.

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m in the same boat as you! Can’t wait to hear what you decide!

I have relatively small wrists as well how do you all size your tennis bracelets? Is there a certain “drop” that most prefer?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have relatively small wrists as well how do you all size your tennis bracelets? Is there a certain “drop” that most prefer?

I have various bracelets already, some are longer than the others, I just find one with the length that I like, measure it, and that's it.

It does depends how one likes to wear their bracelets though, some prefer a tighter fit, whereas some prefer a looser fit.

Try tying thicker strings of different lengths around your wrist to determine if you would like to wear it loose or tight. One of those adjustable braided friendship bracelet would be ideal, being cheap and cheerful.

DK :))

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to give my two cents on the tennis bracelet option since that’s what I just did! My wrists are similar in size to yours and I bought a 4ct bracelet with 7 pt diamonds. I had 7 links removed and used them in a station bracelet.

I regret not making the bracelet tighter and may remove more links eventually. I find it slips to the meat of my hand too much which makes me think about it catching on stuff. I second the reco to try out in CZ first - and try different lengths. The long tennis bracelet is very elegant but IMO not practical.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pavoli on Amazon has beautiful dupes for about $12

I am considering a bracelet in 2021... I found a CZ tennis bracelet, but I can’t seem to find a CZ bangle... could you help me with a link? I would be able to get a larger diamonds for the carat weight with a bangle, of course, so that is appealing to me!

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I reset my tennis bracelet into 2 bangles a few years ago. I’m sorry I did it. They are not comfortable while using the computer. I think you would get much more wear from a bracelet as you can dress it up or down.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just ordered a 4ctw 3 prong tennis bracelet in WG from IDJ.

I'll post photos when I receive it!

Very exciting! What length did you order?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ended up going with 6.5”. Hopefully, it was the right decision!

I was going to say that 1" more than wrist size is my personal preference for tennis bracelets and chain bracelets. My wrist is 6", so I can usually wear the standard 7" bracelets. I think you made a good choice for length, @boxbits !

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I was going to say that 1" more than wrist size is my personal preference for tennis bracelets and chain bracelets. My wrist is 6", so I can usually wear the standard 7" bracelets. I think you made a good choice for length, @boxbits !

Thank you @diamondseeker2006! I always value your input.

For those of you who have worked with IDJ for tennis bracelets, do you think I need to specify that I want smooth prongs so that they do not catch on clothing? I only ask bc I’ve seen that these requests have been made in previous posts (not necessarily to IDJ).

In any event, production time is 3-4 weeks. Although I haven’t any place to go, I am so looking forward to receiving my new bracelet!

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Good morning everyone,

I thought I'd update this post since I received my bracelet this week from IDJ. It is gorgeous and I am so pleased! I worked with Jonna, who is wonderful, and was provided with a 6.5 in 4ctw PS quality 3 prong tennis bracelet in WG.

For me, 4ctw is the perfect size for everyday wear and 6.5in is the perfect length. It's not too long and doesn't wander too far up my wrist or hand. I went over it with a 40x loupe and found the prong work excellent and could not find a visible inclusion. In the beginning, I wondered whether I should have gone with a "super ideal" vendor, but I have no regrets. The bracelet glitters and is lovely and I've been wearing it every chance I get!

Thanks again to everyone for your advice! Now that the "tennis" bug has bitten, I am saving to have a tennis necklace made.

IMG_0176.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone,

I thought I'd update this post since I received my bracelet this week from IDJ. It is gorgeous and I am so pleased! I worked with Jonna, who is wonderful, and was provided with a 6.5 in 4ctw PS quality 3 prong tennis bracelet in WG.

For me, 4ctw is the perfect size for everyday wear and 6.5in is the perfect length. It's not too long and doesn't wander too far up my wrist or hand. I went over it with a 40x loupe and found the prong work excellent and could not find a visible inclusion. In the beginning, I wondered whether I should have gone with a "super ideal" vendor, but I have no regrets. The bracelet glitters and is lovely and I've been wearing it every chance I get!

Thanks again to everyone for your advice! Now that the "tennis" bug has bitten, I am saving to have a tennis necklace made.

IMG_0176.jpeg

It's beautiful and suits you well! A matching necklace isn't a bad idea lol.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whilst I voted for the bangle, the bracelet looks stunning on you, the perfect size.

Good morning everyone,

IMG_0176.jpeg

You can just tell the bracelet is so bright and sparkly, even from a still picture! Looks beautiful on you. The length looks perfect too.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous! Yay!

Oh yes, now on to the tennis necklace!

It is so much fun reading about people's process from idea to completion of a bling project. Thanks for updating your thread with the happy ending to your story.

Cheers!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone,

IMG_0176.jpeg

Wow. This looks absolutely perfect on you!!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It looks lovely!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous bracelet. Wear it in good health.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I have a magnificent bangle I inherited from my on and a 7 carat tennis bracelet I was gifted on my 60th .I 've worn my bagel twice in 15 years It just seems so fancy .I never are off my tennis bracelet if that helps.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like just the perfect size on your wrist, too! Both the size of the diamonds and the length of the bracelet. Thank you for sharing!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Tennis bracelet is always classic! We need more pics - reveal even?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone,

IMG_0176.jpeg

Gorgeous love it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results