shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Bangle or Tennis Bracelet?

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I am thinking about getting something sparkly for my wrist and cannot decide between a diamond bangle or a tennis bracelet. I'm not sure about the bangle, but the tennis bracelet would be around 4ctw. Also, my wrist is 5.5 inches and I don't really have an idea of how big the bangle or bracelet should be.

If anyone can share their thoughts on which they like better and has a similarly size wrist and can share what size/length would be appropriate, I would appreciate it!

Edited wrist size - it is not five foot five!

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The choice of bracelet or bangle is very personal, I know I don’t get on well with a solid shape on my wrist, always banging on things! I much prefer a flexible bracelet. My wrist is the same size as yours and finding a bangle to fit can be a problem too. My tennis bracelet is 6.5 inches and 6ctw, I often feel it’s a bit OTT for daily wear, 4ctw would be perfect!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I like the look of a bangle, I'm on a computer much of the day so bangles just don't work for me since my wrist is always flat beneath the keyboard. So I prefer tennis bracelets, but not for the aesthetic necessarily, just for the practicality for me. I think your life style might dictate your choice if you plan to wear this daily.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I like both bangles and tennis bracelets. I'm currently saving up for a tennis bracelet because it suits my needs slightly better, but both are beautiful.

One consideration is cost.

A bangle takes about 1/2 the number of diamonds as a tennis bracelet. So if you were to get the same size diamonds for each one, the cost for a tennis bracelet would be significantly more.

To have a tennis bracelet be the same price as a bangle, you'll need to come down on some combination of the size/color/clarity/cut of the diamonds.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
i am in the process of having a bangle made as I have several different bangles and wear them daily. I wanted something I could wear everyday with the others as I like to stack. I have a 5.75
inch wrist and am going with a 6.5 inch bangle. Have fun deciding. Either one will be beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what you decide.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
Get a silver and cz of each. See what you prefer. It's a lot to spend if you are on the fence about style.

This. Notwithstanding, "custom" pieces (small size, etc...) might be nonrefundable.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

This. Notwithstanding, "custom" pieces (small size, etc...) might be nonrefundable.

Great point. I had DK send me a plastic model to try. I am glad I did as I changed the size after trying it on. Did not want to make a costly mistake. I would suggest that if going with a custom piece and if unsure about the size. It helped me anyway.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both
An Oval bangle (full oval or cuff) can have the advantage of loading all the diamond carat weight to the top section, the only part you normally see. A fitted oval bangle is also less likely to catch on something as it pretty much stays exactly in position.
A bracelet obviously moves a lot more on your wrist and you have to spread the carat weight over the whole length of the bracelet. You need to look at the clasp style, some are more likely to catch on jumpers etc which is annoying.
A bracelet if custom made can be made to fit your wrist size however it’s simple enough to shortened to fit, most are a standard 7 inches long.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, a tennis bracelet is more versatile that can be worn dressed up or down.

A full bangle is not very practical for me as I have a desk job and work with a computer and/or a laptop.

Hence I would only wear full bangles when I am not working.

However, I can wear my oval open cuff bangle for work as I had it made without the ball at the ends to minimise banging against my laptop.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For myself, an oval bangle with diamonds on the top only is best. I also have a pretty small wrist and like my bracelets at 6". For the right fit on a bangle it's def best to try and go in person OR find a cheapie that fits comfortably and supply it to the jeweler so they get the right size.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both. My bangle is big enough on me that sometimes it rotates so the diamonds are facing down, which annoys me. The tennis bracelet is all sparkle no matter how it turns.

I think elizat is right about getting CZ bracelets to try first.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a tennis b on one wrist and diamond bangle on the other, so I can’t help. (Also small wrist here). I like the idea of trying out a CZ to see how they work in daily life. Ex I play guitar and the tennis has to be on my non-strumming wrist ....there’re things you maybe don’t realize or think about.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an oval bangle which I love but for comfort, I always reach for the tennis bracelet. Both beautiful and hard to choose between the two. My wrist is small and I can't wear just any old bangle and it definitely has to be oval shaped.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As much as I love the look of bangles and cuffs, they just aren’t practical for me. I am not a delicate flower and don’t like the banging of a hard bracelet on a daily basis. On my right wrist, I find them irritating when using my mouse, and on my left wrist I worry they will scratch my watch. For my lifestyle, a tennis bracelet is more functional and easy to wear on the regular, whereas anything hard like a bangle or cuff would be for certain occasions only. GLD

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm also not a delicate flower
i have tiny fingers and hands and feet but they are wide and im wide across the biggest points on my hand out of proportion to the overall size of my hands and feet

i dont suit delicate anything so i like stacks of braclets (and bangles)

But i think i need to try a tennis braclete on just to see what you all rave on about :mrgreen2:
maybe the sparkle factor bulks up the overall look

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine by HPD. It is 5.67ctw. I have skinny wrists and cuffs or bangles hurt me as they try to twist around my bony arms. I find a diamond tennis bracelet very classy and versatile. IMG_3299.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine by HPD. It is 5.67ctw. I have skinny wrists and cuffs or bangles hurt me as they try to twist around my bony arms. I find a diamond tennis bracelet very classy and versatile. IMG_3299.jpg

Lovely!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both. My bangle is big enough on me that sometimes it rotates so the diamonds are facing down, which annoys me. The tennis bracelet is all sparkle no matter how it turns.

I think elizat is right about getting CZ bracelets to try first.

Berricle is a good place for inexpensive bracelets and bangles with simulants to try out first.

DK :))

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add another option as you’re debating the merits of bracelet vs bangle, in case you hadn’t considered it. It won’t work if you want an unbroken run of diamonds over the top of your wrist, but something along these lines would give you the fit of a bracelet but veering slightly towards the look of a bangle. The pricing is Single Stone (!) but I’m sure someone could make you a similar idea for less. You could also make all the top sections diamond ones, to very much echo the look of a diamond bangle but fit of a bracelet.

D9F54732-A3E3-4503-9CE3-68AF960DD3E0.jpeg

I’m a bit of an anomaly - I like eternity round bangles best, just feel like they look more glam! Though, tennis bracelets are pretty too :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pavoli on Amazon has beautiful dupes for about $12

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally personal preference but I really like an oval bangle.

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your advice! Thinking about it, I think I may go with the tennis bracelet as I am at a computer all day and do end up taking off my other bangles and cuffs when I work. Now, I will decide between working with IDJ or Whiteflash and will post updates!

Thanks again!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your advice! Thinking about it, I think I may go with the tennis bracelet as I am at a computer all day and do end up taking off my other bangles and cuffs when I work. Now, I will decide between working with IDJ or Whiteflash and will post updates!

Thanks again!

I would love a tennis bracelet from idj or whiteflash too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results