shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Arrived...Setting Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wistletown

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was thinking of going with a plain platinum setting but after going through some really unqiue ones I have to say it looks pretty fantasic...e.g. Lockes setting with the diamonds on the side of the crown.

Where do I start looking. Please keep in mine I''ve spent $23000+ for the stone already so I''m looking for an affordable platinum setting. Having something custom made looks like it might be too expensive....

The stone is 2.01 carats round brillant G VSI:

Please recommend some gorgeous settings or places to look. So close yet so far.......................................................................

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm, well Mark Morrell makes a gorgeous setting called the flame that is similar to the Lockes, it may be out of your budget though. How much are you wanting to spend on the setting?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I looooove this one!!! It is going to be released soon...Admin. is being stingy with the details!!!
28.gif
There is more info on this setting to come...

GamaPl.jpg

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Do you have an idea as to how much you''d like to spend for the setting? The setting MrsS mentioned is absolutely gorgeous but MM can be a bit pricey. The setting Miranda posted is another beauty...so gorgeous! As for the Lockes setting you mentioned, they are no longer producing their signature setting anymore so having a similar setting made would be a custom job. I would check out DVatche...the royal crown is one of my favorites. If you like the "swoopy" prongs of the Lockes, the SuperbCert tiffany replica might be worth checking out. That''s all I can think of for now...I hope that helps and good luck!

wistletown

Rough_Rock
Hi,

The maximum would be $1500. Less is much better of course.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 9:18:06 PM
Author: Miranda
I looooove this one!!! It is going to be released soon...Admin. is being stingy with the details!!!
28.gif
There is more info on this setting to come...

GamaPl.jpg
I love this setting. Hopefully info will be available soon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the one Miranda Posted. I think the flame is going to be out of budget though... I would email Irina (admin) and ask her about that one. I really would.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 11:16:44 PM
Author: Gypsy
I LOVE the one Miranda Posted. I think the flame is going to be out of budget though... I would email Irina (admin) and ask her about that one. I really would.

I agree. the MM will be out of budget but hopefully the one Irina made will fit..it''s gorgeous...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mark Morrell Flame will run somewhere around $2000

markmorrellflame1.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I would probably get the SuperbCert Tiffany. It is amazing! I have the Vatche X prong and I love it. I can imagine it looking fabulous for a diamond of your size! I also love the Vatche Royal Empress. I think in plat the Vatche rings will be around $1300 or so for a solitaire style.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 12:34:28 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Less than $1500 in platinum would get you the SuperbCert Tiffany or the Vatche Royal Crown. (Sorry the pictures are so huge!!!)
Oh these pics are yummy !
30.gif
With a diamond this size and quality, you don''t need a very ornamented setting, because the stone itself is firework
2.gif

I would also go with Diamondseeker''s style. It is gorgeous and shows well the beauty of the diamond while keeping within your budget. If you want something more intricated later, you can always change the setting later.

wistletown

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker, do you know where I can find those two settings?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
www.exceldiamonds.com carries both those settings.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/

One is the Vatche Royal Crown, around 1500 in platinum and for a 2 carat diamond.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Vatche-Platinum-6-Prong-Royal-Crown-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-632.html

the other is the Superbcert Tiffany 1300 in platinum for a 2 carat diamond.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-In-Platinum-640.html

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 12:39:33 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Mark Morrell Flame will run somewhere around $2000
Really DS?

That is affordable... my custom qoute was much higher than that. Much.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
whistle, if you do a search on here, you'll find many threads for both those rings with real life pics. Both are gorgeous.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink Jones of Winfield''s and Goodoldgold also both carry Vatche and could easily get you the royal crown. that is one of my favorite solitaire settings of all time..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before you go custom -- have you talked to your GF? Do you know what she really really wants?

That asked I like the Tiffany replica the prongs really cup the diamond very nicely. I would probably get that if I were getting a RB. Also MM would be lovely.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results