shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond and Emerald Engagement Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I''d really appreciate it if any of you could give me a hand with this, as I''m pretty new to the jewelry market. I''ve been looking for a three-stone engagement ring with a center round-cut diamond of approximately 0.5 carats flanked by two round-cut emeralds of approximately 0.25 carats each--all in a white gold or platinum setting. To give you an idea of what I''m looking for, here are a couple of links for what I''ve found so far:

http://www.amazon.com/Estate-Diamond-Emerald-Three-Stone/dp/B0006IXNR8/sr=1-71/qid=1165109010/ref=sr_1_71/104-0512073-6667915?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry (no longer available, and I''d prefer a new ring to an estate ring)

http://www.sndgems.com/platinumemeralddiamondringsthreestone.htm (but I know nothing about the seller)

I''m aware that emeralds are pretty soft and aren''t best for everyday wear, but I''ve never had a problem with being rough with my jewelry before, and it''s important to me to have emerald since it is also my birthstone--a green substitute is unacceptable. My basic problem is I''m having trouble finding this ring--while center emeralds flanked by diamonds abound, no one seems to care for the center diamond flanked by emeralds. Price isn''t a huge problem, but I''d like to keep it under $3,000. Does anyone know where I might find this ring? If I have to have it custom-made, where do I start in going about that process? Any advice will be very welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

LdyNghtWng

Rough_Rock
Any jeweler should be able to make up this type of ring. Just select your diamond and a three stone ring mounting, and they should be able to find emeralds easily. It
is much easier to find smaller sizes of coloured stones than a nice coloured center stone, and they shouldn''t add much to the cost of the ring.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi...

I agree with LdyNghtWng...this shouldn''t be a problem. A good jeweler/vendor can find the emeralds for you, and put the ring together.

I''d think picking out a good diamond should be a top priority too.
1.gif

If you don''t have any qualms about shopping on the internet, you might check out some of the popular vendors here. This way you''d get good value for your money, a good diamond, and if you ask for it, plenty of feedback on your choices.

Good luck!
widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results