shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond an investment if buy low fr. pawn shop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
a jeweler who has connection with pawn shop presents me this 3 carat round diamond, J/VVS quality, no cut info, no certificate for $20,000. I took to another jeweller to have him look at, he said it's good diamond. later on he can sell for me if i want to sell it for 20K. If i want to send to GIA, he can send stone in for me for $300. however, jeweller who got it fr. pawn shop said I have to make decision today because there is another lady who wants to buy this stone. Once she sold to me, then i can send it to GIA, but once money is exchanged, end of sale. Since 2nd jeweller said it's good diamond, then it must be good diamond although I don't have cut info yet, u think?

I am thinking that it's good price to buy for investment since diamonds keep going up every year.

what do you think?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! I am thinking that you have absolutely no idea what you are buying! The stone could be much lower in quality than you know and it is never wise to buy diamonds as an investment. I think you are playing with fire.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
If ALL diamonds were that much of an investment everyone on pricescope would be rich. Not all diamonds are investment quality. I'd think twice about buying that ring. 20G's is a LOT of money especially if there are no money back guarantees.:errrr:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It is not such a great deal at all!

you can get GIA certified diamond for the same money. Do the search on pricescope:

3.01 J VVS2 63% 57% GIA vs vg vg ft 9.13x9.21x5.78 $21608

Now if your diamond is not as represented (less color or clarity) you're in trouble: no return or guarantee.

Never rush when buying diamonds. There will be always plenty to choose from.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
what i mean investment is that even if I buy lower quality diamond as long as it is still near colorless, VVS quality, at low price, there are people out there who want to buy stone from me bc price is good i bought it at low price!

I thought 20K is good for 3carat but after seeing that I can find similar on internet with GIA for same price, then price is not so special after all!

Investment quality means top of the line, but i think as long as not in the I/SI area, you can sell back at good price if you buy fr. pawn shop bc low price, huh?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whooooaooo!

Imvest means bought to sell at a profit.
Bigger risk requires bigger profit.

You sound like this should have a BIGGGERRR profit becasue the risk is HUMUNGUS.
have a cool bath and take 2 Asprin :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results