shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Advice - 1.46 I VS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

readytomakethedive

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Here are the diamond''s specs:

Depth - 61.6%
Table - 55%
Crown - 32.5
Pavilion - 41.0
Polish - EX
Sym - VG
Girdle - Med to thick
HCA 0.8

Ideal scope is attached.

I figured my budget would allow me around 1.2-1.3 ct diamond, but i like the specs enough on this one (particularly the carat weight
36.gif
). My concern is the shallow crown angle, and the thicker then preferred girdle, although I''m unsure if this will effect light performance. The ideal scope reflects the VG symmetry, but the it looks like there may be some issues with leakage. I don''t need an absolute amazing cut, but I sure would like a pretty darn good one. Is this rock too much of a concession in cut for the larger size?

Any thoughts woudl be appreciated.

IS165985.jpg

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe share your budget so people can give suggestions?

readytomakethedive

Rough_Rock
Knew I forgot something!

Budget is $7000 for the diamond.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

This diamond is what we call a fine make of cut quality, it isn't cut to top standards but it is still a well cut rock. So if you are open to just having a well cut diamond but not necessarily the ' best' then it could be a contender. Do you have the diameter measurement of the diamond please so I can see how it faces up? We want to make sure it has the ' look' of almost 1.5 carats so this is important.

Also if you are unsure on this one, you could consider SI clarity grades if verified eyeclean by a trusted vendor, this might enable you to get increased size for the budget.

readytomakethedive

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. Measurements are: 7.26 x 7.31 x 4.49

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 2:50:20 PM
Author: readytomakethedive
Thanks for the advice. Measurements are: 7.26 x 7.31 x 4.49
Thanks! It is facing up a bit small for the weight, an almost 1.5 carat should face up around 7.4 - 7.5mm give or take a little, so you can see this one is not quite there.

readytomakethedive

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

Are the small measurements mostly due to the thicker girdle, or are there other causes for it to face up small?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 5:52:19 PM
Thanks.

Are the small measurements mostly due to the thicker girdle, or are there other causes for it to face up small?
Thick girdle...depth is fine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 5:59:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 4/15/2009 5:52:19 PM
Thanks.

Thick girdle...depth is fine.
Ditto, most likely the girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results