shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond A or Diamond B?

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
We have looked at a number of diamonds over the last three weeks and are ready to make a call. Here are the two finalists. I'm leaning towards Diamond A but am looking for reassurance and feedback in case I'm way off.

Diamond A
Round brilliant
GIA certified
6.85 - 6.89 x 4.14 mm
1.19 carat
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Excellent
Polish, Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Table: 59:
Depth: 60.3
Crown angle: 33.5
Pavilion: 41.2

Visual: I have received high resultion pictures and the diamond looks beautiful. There are only very few fine feathers and none of them are on the table (I cannot notice them while looking at the large photos, only by looking at GIA certificate). Gemologist belives it's a beautiful stone and closer to VS2 than SI1.

Diamond B
Round brilliant
AGS certified
6.86 - 6.91 x 4.30 mm
1.25 carat
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Cut: Ideal
Polish, Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible

Table: 54.3
Depth: 62.4
Crown angle: 35
Pavilion: 40.9

Visual: I have not seen this diamond in person yet but the report shows many more inclusions than Diamond A. The inclusions seems to be faint clouds, however, they are mostly on the table.

Diamond A is $700 more than Diamond B. However, at this point I'd ignore the difference in price and just like your opinions on the stones.

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clarity is important to me, so I'd eliminate #2 for that reason if buying for me. Can you post the pictures of #1?

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
Thanks Diamondseeker. Here is the picture of the Diamond A, also some phone pics of the image on the certificate.

Diamond A - 1.JPG

Diamond A - 2.JPG

Diamond B - 1.jpg

Diamond B - 2.jpg

Ravinmad

Shiny_Rock
stone A is a mighty cleaning looking stone, and as I hear around here, you know your paying for the quality of the cleaner stone, and it likely just missed the VS grading and is a SI, but a very high end SI stone. I would pay the bit extra for that stone, but thats me. Thats just putting the weight on the eye looks, no HCA, etc. just looking at the images and cert information. I think the HCA would grade B a nicer stone with the angle combos it presents, but thats just a guess from playing with HCA alot :loopy:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous to me!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to close the loop here and let you know that we've purchased the first diamond (1.19ct, G, SI1). Here are some photos we took today by holding a cell phone camera over the loupe. In the first two photos I've increased the contrast a bit so the stone is more visible, second two photos are untouched.

front_contrast.jpg

hearts_contrast.jpg

front.jpg

hearts.jpg

Gorgona

Rough_Rock
Personally, I liked the first diamond ..... I would chose him

purplelilac

Rough_Rock
Who are these last two posters? Seems like trolls to me if you look at their history of posting...
Anyways, just to clarify, I did chose Diamond A :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results