shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamon a mess? Or crazy cut?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Probably avoid, not a typical well cut round. It's not any kind of special cut, though. :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it's not a mess. It's kind of a typical, non-precision cut stone with good light return. Jon doesn't stock a lot of stones like this, but there are people who want a 2 ct stone and can't pay for the precision cut which might make this stone several thousand dollars higher.

For those looking for top cut and other ideal cuts, you specifically look in the Ascendancy and Platinum Select categories only. I do not search outside of those two when looking for ideal/excellent cut rounds.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's - uhm - interesting to see that AGS rated that diamond as "excellent" for both cut and symmetry. Makes me wonder whether the stone might not have been positioned correctly for the photos. But it is being offered at a slight discount compared to diamonds with similar stats, so in all likelyhood what you see is what you would get.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is an interesting diamond.
Yes, the contrast pattern is really chaotic. But, it's got AGS0 in light performance, meaning no significant deduction in brightness, dispersion, contrast, and light leakage.
So, the diamond would have been AGS0 in overall cut if the polish were excellent or above. One thing for sure is there is almost no leakage.
Rhino did a video on an unorthodox stone like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMvyo6xexC0
The stone in the video has low pav/high crown combo. This is high pav/low crown combo. Ii would be interesting to see how a diamond like this perform in real life.

Good deal at 19k?? no way, unless it comes with GOG's lifetime guarantee, or at least flexible upgrade policy, which it doe not.
And not when you can easily find a stone like this.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/2.10-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1765947

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks nice. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 19k I want more than nice : )

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne said:
For 19k I want more than nice : )

True! Other than not showing a h&a pattern though, what do you think is wrong with it? I think it would be good to hear your view on this as I think there are a few consumers who in fact dont like the h&a and may like something like this? Excellent cut and all. :wavey:

thumpcbd

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. I was curious since it looks like it may have good light return, but no H&A's. Just kind of looking for a what causes what, and on PS I haven't seen too many diamonds with this overall shape / cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results