shape
carat
color
clarity

diameter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DVS1Buyer

Rough_Rock
I was looking at a diamond with the measurements of 7.60 x 7.64 x 4.63 mm
60.8% depth and 56% table
1.61 carats
Round Brilliant.

Another dealer told me that those proportions were bad. Does anyone have any info on the "ideal" measurement for the diameter?

I've read all the sites on cuts, but when i went into another jeweler, they had a little tool that figured out the ideal measurement for the diameter depending on carat. Any help would be appreciated.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Was it Fred C the Diamond Guy?

Those proportions have every chance of being very nice. Get the crown and pavilion angles just to be sure and punch them into the Cut Adviser :)

square

Rough_Rock
dvs1 - i just bought a smaller dvs1 (1.04) and went through a similar struggle... UNTIL these guys (LEONID) tipped me off to ask for a SARIN report which will give you every measurement imaginable. compare that to the ags ideal and you'll have a good idea of how it will look. you'll still want to see it in person of course...
good luck!
s.

DVS1Buyer

Rough_Rock
thanks for your replies, took your advice and asked for a sarin analysis. they said they'll do it free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results