shape
carat
color
clarity

diamcalc request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
I was hoping that someone out there would be kind enough to run a diamcalc request.

here are the stats:
1.2 carats, 6.81 X 6.86 X 4.17
crown angle: 33.5
pavillion: 41
table: 60
total depth: 61

I'd really appreciate the help! thanks.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should consider buying DiamCalc online yourself, you can do this at https://www.pricescope.com/MSU/default.asp. It is an amazing tool and you will learn heaps about diamond cut from it.

Leonid and I have decided we cannot continue generating DiamCalc images because it takes a lot of time, and we feel that the results could be quite misleading for those who are unfamiliar with interpretation of the results.

You can however do a HCA score and this will give you data that is easier to interpret. But you should also remember that the input of a few numbers, while giving you clear advice as to diamonds to avoid - you still should use a qualified appraiser, or at the very least examine the diamond with an ideal-scope and if you are unsatified then return the diamond within the refund period.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
I understand if time is an issue - if done though I would understand that it was not a substitute for an actual appraisal.

I can't afford the program, so if anyone else out there owns it and would like to help out that would be great. if its not possible & you guys are afraid of being overrun by requests, I totally understand.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The problem is that this picture alone cannot tell you whether the diamond is good or bad. Comparing it to the ideal-scope or firescope images of other stones would tell you whether this diamond has more or less leakage.

Diamonds with severe leakage should be rejected. Diamonds with little leakage should be seen. There is no guarantee you will prefer a diamond with no leakage than the one with small partial leakage.

Diamonds of different proportions can have very little light leakage but they might have different look, different contrast, scintillation, dispersion, etc.

You also have to take accuracy of the measurements into account. +/-0.2 degree of pavilion angle can significantly change the result.

There is nothing in the numbers for this stone telling this stone is bad. DiamCalc simulation shows quite small partial leakage under the table.

Hope this helps

nycguy.jpg

nycguy

Rough_Rock
thanks, I really appreciate you running that for me. there's one more I was looking at.. (JUST KIDDING). hopefully you guys won't get inundated with requests: one possible suggestion: I bet a lot of people would pay some kind of lower fee like 4.95 per use, or per some time frame to use the software online.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No worries Nycguy :)

----------------
I bet a lot of people would pay some kind of lower fee like 4.95 per use, or per some time frame to use the software online.
----------------

We just were discussing it today with the software developers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results