shape
carat
color
clarity

diamcalc request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup

Rough_Rock
i am helping a friend purchase a diamond for his girlfriend, but it's come down to two...and i am worthless when it comes to advice right now.
they both get excellent scores on the HCA, so I was hoping diamcalc might be able to provide an idealscope image that would help the decision.
if it's not too much trouble, i'd sincerely appreciate any help.

contestant #1)
2.071 H SI2 AGS000
8.20-8.24x5.04
61.3 depth
56 table
34.9 15.2% crown
40.9 43.1% pavilion
pointed culet
inert fluor
HCA: x-x-v-v-1.5 TIC
AGA: 1A1B?

contestant #2)
2.058 G SI2 AGS000
8.17-8.24x5.04
61.4 depth
55 table
35.2 crown
40.7 pavilion
pointed culet
inert fluor
HCA: x-x-x-v-1.2 TIC
AGA: 1B/2A?

which is better cut?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Buttercup :)

I think both diamonds should be nice based on these numbers. I can run cut evaluation on DiamCalc and post the ideal-scope simulations. However, taking Sarin measurement accuracy into account and limited information, the result for the real stone can be different. Besides, a few % difference in light return or leakage do not mean one diamond will look better than another.

As Garry wrote, "A score below 2 (Excellent) means you have eliminated known poor performers (more than 95% of all diamonds). Your own personal preference may be for a diamond with an HCA score of 1.5 more rather than one with a lower score of say 0.5."

buttercup

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 5/1/2002 7:05:47 AM

It is simpe - they are a perfect pair - buy both :)
----------------

I wish!

Thanks Leonid for the idealscope images, you are the greatest! I'm with you, i don't see a difference either :cheeky:
The H SI2 is a little less expensive and the inclusion plot looks a little cleaner...so maybe that's the one I'll say is better:confused:

Thanks again! ;))

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Are these diamonds from the internet? Could you get them both to compare?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results