shape
carat
color
clarity

DiamCalc model?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Right on John. I find that in these angle combos Optical Symmetry can really make or break the stone. I ran into (and also have some) that fall on this cusp that are absolutely gorgeous (fall in the GIA Ex/AGS Ideal zone) and then there are those with the same average angles I wouldn''t recommend by a long shot. ASET/Red Reflector images really come in handy for these combos if handy.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sir John.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/13/2009 11:20:34 PM
Author: Rhino

Right on John. I find that in these angle combos Optical Symmetry can really make or break the stone. I ran into (and also have some) that fall on this cusp that are absolutely gorgeous (fall in the GIA Ex/AGS Ideal zone) and then there are those with the same average angles I wouldn't recommend by a long shot. ASET/Red Reflector images really come in handy for these combos if handy.
Definitely. I believe this alone is good reason reason for labs to quantify it in a meaningful way (no disrespect to HRD, but theirs has nothing to do with performance benefits). If our technology allows judgments about brillianteering variations - and for good reason - we should be willing and able to explore the benefits/negatives of optical symmetry.

If Anton's grading report had an indication (I'm not even saying a grade) for CUT PRECISION, defined by how well the diamond's facet reflections line up with their opposites in 3D I'd feel comfortable offering more. And you're right; a reflector image would reveal much...but I like to look at pavilion contruction too. - Signed, a proud member of OCD anonymous.

Date: 1/14/2009 12:50:16 AM
Author: strmrdr

Thanks Sir John.
Soitenly. I hope your tropical depression gets back to hurricane strength soon.

anton84

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much John for all you''ve done!

My report actually does mention cut precision (I guess I should have written out everything, huh? :) ), it''s listed as "excellent". I''m gonna go out on a limb and assume that''s a good thing ;-)

When I bought the ring I didn''t really get a chance to see it outside, and then I had it sized. Since I started this thread I''ve since gotten the ring back and was able to look at it under a variety of lighting conditions and it seems to sparkle a lot and seems very brilliant (though what do I know...)

I guess I was just freaking out because I dropped a lot of money and I wanted to make sure it would be beautiful, but I think thanks to everyone''s help here, as well as my own observations, I am no convinced that she''ll love it!

Thanks again

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You're welcome Anton. Sounds like you made out well - and I have no doubt that she will love it.

The best thanks you can give the PS regulars is to let us know how it goes and post a couple of photos. Actually the last part should be emphasized...if you return without photos the mob here can get unruly.
37.gif

anton84

Rough_Rock
As a pretty serious amateur photographer I will definitely be taking pictures. I''d do it now, but the girl knows I go on here and I wouldn''t want her to see it before I pop the question :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2009 3:22:36 PM
Author: anton84
As a pretty serious amateur photographer I will definitely be taking pictures. I''d do it now, but the girl knows I go on here and I wouldn''t want her to see it before I pop the question :)
Best of luck with the proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results