shape
carat
color
clarity

Diam Calc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

polacytu

Rough_Rock
How would I do a DiamCalc on this stone. Do I need a program?

Shape IDEAL H&A
Lab AGS
Carat 0.804
Color H
Clarity SI1
Measurements 5.93 - 5.98 x 3.71 mm
Depth 62.2%
Table 55%
Girdle 1.2-1.8
Crown Angle 33.8°
Pavilion Angle 40.9°
Culet PT
Polish IDEAL
Symmetry IDEAL
Flourescence N

polacytu

Rough_Rock
I actually am choosing between this one and another diamond. May decide to buy tomarrow. The other choice is

Shape: Round Brilliant
Weight: 0.82 ct.
Color: H
Clarity: SI1 (Slightly Included) Depth: 60.9 %
Table: 57.0 %
Detailed information: Culet: Pointed
Polish: IDEAL
Symmetry: IDEAL
Fluorescence: Negligible Girdle: 1.3-1.8% Faceted
Crown: 34.2deg/14.9%
Pavilion: 40.7deg/42.8%
Dimensions: 6.04x6.06x3.69mm

Which do you guys think comes out better... I am really greatfull

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it possible to attain lower girdle facet length, star facet length or upper girdle angles?

Based on the limited data provided stone #2 sounds like the better choice however there may be characteristics about the other 40 facets that make it a dud not to mention if there are other issues with clarity or color etc.

For an accurate DiamCalc model minor facet information needs to be provided if you really want an accurate picture. Otherwise there are thousands of possible combinations that can be produced.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hello Polacytu.

DiamCalc is produced by Octnus. It's a diamond modeling program with light return metrics incorporated. Though not absolute, it is a nice reference (like the HCA) using basic averaged proportions such as the ones you have provided.

There are devices that scan a diamond. DiamCalc can accept such scans to give a more realistic virtual model of a specific diamond.

I went ahead and entered the stats you provided and produced very general models of these 2 diamonds. DiamCalc predicts them to be nearly the same, with #1 coming in slightly ahead.

(Diamond #1)

Polac1.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The HCA, which also makes broad predictions, rates both of these proportions sets near the 1.0 mark (1.2 and 0.9 respectively), so unless unknowns interfere with expected light return these 2 diamonds are predicted to be closely matched in performance.

polacytu

Rough_Rock
Do any of the diamonds score an excelent on DiamCalc. What specific information (scan) would I need to get from the vendor to get a more detailed DiamCalc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results