shape
carat
color
clarity

DHC stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andreadionisio

Rough_Rock
I'm about to buy my first diamond and am concerned about the correct certification. All I hear talk of is of GIA and AGS certification, which they say is not a guarantee. In europe I see a lot of DHC diamonds that come im that little sealed box, with the micofiche with the specs of the stone. Basicallt these stones are guaranteed to be what they say. Can you finds these stones here in the States? And why doesn't the GIA / AGS guarantee their stones?
Thanks to everyone,
Andrea

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
i think dhc/hrd are the same correct? the diamond high council out of belgium? All three are considered the major labs for diamond grading in the world. some would say that hrd is not quite as strict about certain aspects, and other would say the same about ags or gia. as i understand it, most diamonds in europe are hrd. As for "garauntee" no lab does that. they off their idea or recomendation, but i am pretty sure that no lab says "absolutely %100 garauntee" this is how a diamonds rates. They go by opinion, and opinions can vary. however, just know that from all the research i have conducted, (and it is WAY too much. i should have been working, could have bought a better stone!) that all three are just fine, and you can trust it, as long as the stone you get matches the cert...

andreadionisio

Rough_Rock
The interesting thing about the stones out of Belgium is that they come in that little sealed box, that 'they' say can't be opened and closed without breaking a copy-proof seal. This means that the stone and certificate match without you having to get it appraised. I guess here the certificate is provided along with the loose diamond, so if someone wants to screw with you (just imagining worst case) they could change the stone and you would never know unless it was appraised. Anyway, just a thought.
Thanks
Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results