shape
carat
color
clarity

Dhamaini Daubai Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.diamonds.net/news/NewsItem.aspx?ArticleID=14538
This and other stories are out there - but I have not seen any photo''s of it yet?

Anyone seen anything?

Dhamani Jewels DMCC’s has created a ‘Dubai Cut diamond jewelry’ line, iconic to the city of Dubai, Diamond World reported October 23.
The collection includes "Dubai Cut" diamond set in jewelry moulds with the letter D, representing Dubai. ...................
The ‘Dubai cut’ is the world’s first diamond cut inspired by a city and named after it. It includes 99 facets representing the 99 holy names of Allah. Dhamani Jewels DMCC is the sole distributor of this diamond which has been produced by Russian polished-diamond manufacturer Kristall Corp., exclusively for DMCC under a legal patent.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Not a great photo.... but this is what I found:

Dubai cut diamond

dubia3.JPG

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Another...

dubai8.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
One more... (http://www.internationalreports.net/middleeast/dubai/2006/jewel.html)

ahmedbinsula.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another "patented" Rad-i-ant cut!!!
11.gif
12.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a lot to be said for chasing improvements in light performance in shapes related to the radiant cut style. Some of the poorest looking diamonds I''ve seen have been radiant cuts although with good shopping people can avoid problem stones. A radiant gets a pretty good return on retained weight from the rough diamond crystal allowing the final product to be potentially intersting on a per carat price basis. As people study the faceting, we would expect many improved versions to come out. There probably was something simlar to this particular stone already being produced somewhere else, but the pressure to create brand recognition is very high. As long as you don''t pay extra for a name unless you specifically want to, then the product may be an excellent one. I don''t think I have seen one as yet.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/30/2007 4:27:22 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Thanks for the images guys.

I was expecting something ''D'' shaped after reading the blurb.

Do you think the contrast pattern is meant to look like a ''D''
You mean half-moon D?
27.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I was half hoping it would look like that hotel - kind of sail shaped.
31.gif

Although that would make a seriously ugly ring!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not find the dark center very attractive.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/30/2007 5:03:53 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I do not find the dark center very attractive.
Cant you tell..., "dark" is for D (as in Dubai)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results