shape
carat
color
clarity

Devastated....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
....a lady at work asked me if I am going to lose weight for the wedding....
29.gif
ummm, I didn''t think I needed to but thanks for the pointer.

What is wrong with people? Now I am thinking about it. Dang it.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow.
6.gif

Wait is she on crack? i was just looking at your engagement photos. WHAAAA?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some people need a bloody good slap sometimes!!! How personal and offensive! I would ask her if she plans on having her tash waxed anytime soon!!
9.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, I'm sorry. People can really put their foot in their mouths sometimes.
20.gif

I'm sure she meant no harm, so many brides try to lose a few pounds prior to the big day, she was probably just thinking of that, not that you specifically needed to.

Plus, I personally want to lose 5 or 6 pounds but I'm waiting until after the wedding -- I dont want to be paranoid that I'll end up with a too loose or too tight dress b/c my weight was changing : )
28.gif

ETA: And you, my dear, do not look at all like you need to lose any weight, so I'd just ignore the comment

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Just called the FI...he told me to tell her to...well I can''t repeat that part. He said he loves me just the way I am. Good Lord I am 5 ft 9 and 135lbs....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Good lord! Honey, your BMI is 19.9. That''s on the LOW side of healthy. As in, people between 20-25 have the longest life expectancy. So, au contraire, perhaps a little extra ice cream is in order.
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 6:05:51 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Oh wow.
6.gif

Wait is she on crack? i was just looking at your engagement photos. WHAAAA?

Same lady that said I shoulda asked for a bigger rock... she is one of those ladies that is miserable and you know what they say "misery loves company".

would ask her if she plans on having her tash waxed anytime soon!! - LMAO MAISE
BMI- Say what? hahaha

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Was she joking?? I can''t imagine anyone saying that to someone 5 ft 9 and 135lbs and be serious! Joking or not, she shouldn''t have said that to you! Don''t even think about it for a second! Some people say the stupidest things!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are a lovely woman! Do not let one dumb woman get to you, please. Are you healthy and happy? That is what counts!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
That''s terrible. You are lovely! I would have just mentioned to her that it shouldn''t really matter to her since she wasn''t going to be invited.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
BMI = Body Mass Index. It gives a ROUGH reprsentation of the statistical probability that your weight will affect your health. Between 20-25 is the ideal range, health wise. 5''9" with a medium frame has an ideal range for optimum health of 139-153lbs. If you go over that, it might have an impact. Under that has an impact too.

So, happy? You seem so! Healthy? Pretty much! (You could even benefit from being a titch heavier on that count!)

Ignore that silly woman!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 6:24:52 PM
Author: decodelighted
Two words spring to mind (no not *those*) .... FRENEMY and UNDERMINER. Read up
34.gif
2.gif
One more word to add that is my personal word of choice for people like those -- assh*le
28.gif

Frenemy is great too!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Sorry..some people are just....stupid!
You don''t need to lose weight! You look gorgeous!
Just ignore her and blind her with your rock
2.gif

M~

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 6:22:29 PM
Author: Independent Gal
BMI = Body Mass Index. It gives a ROUGH representation of the statistical probability that your weight will affect your health. Between 20-25 is the ideal range, health wise. 5'9' with a medium frame has an ideal range for optimum health of 139-153lbs. If you go over that, it might have an impact. Under that has an impact too.

So, happy? You seem so! Healthy? Pretty much! (You could even benefit from being a titch heavier on that count!)
My thought as well! I can't imagine dropping under 20, mine's 21.5 and that's as teeny as I'm willing to go!

People have such a skewed idea of what scale reading means "thin." When I tell people I weigh 125 (I'm 5'4") they say, "No way, but you look so thin!" DUH, BECAUSE 125 IS THIN!!!!!! Ugh! It's because we ladies lie about our weight too much... someone who's 125 will say they're 115, so that's what people think 115 looks like, and that 125 actually looks like what 140 looks like, etc. etc...

What a mess.

Okay, I'm done.

BMI calculator, if you're curious IWPO.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
LEMME AT HER!!!!
emangry.gif

She''s talking to my
emlove.gif
IWAPO aka I NOW HAVE A PRETTY ONE! Just let me at her!!

DKS

I''m a gonna give her one of these...
emfist.gif
right smack in the kisser!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
She''s just jealous! As well she should be, wow, look at you!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
That remark is a load of rubbish
29.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I HATE people like that! I once broke my nose in hs and this girl overheard that I had to go have it fixed (it was crooked from the break) and she came up to me and asked "are they going to make it smaller and cuter?" Uh...no...just straighten it and put it back like it was...thanks for letting me know that you think my nose is big and uncute...grrrrr.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
That''s incredibly rude! I''ve seen your pictures and you are gorgeous just as you are!

If it makes you feel better, the salesperson who sold me my dress refused to do my final fitting until the weekend before my wedding because she said, "You''ll be on a diet, won''t you?" Aiii... I don''t think people think before they open their mouths.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Two things I have to add:

1. You are gorgeous and she is a squid brain.

Date: 9/5/2007 6:06:46 PM
Author: Maisie
Some people need a bloody good slap sometimes!!! How personal and offensive! I would ask her if she plans on having her tash waxed anytime soon!!
9.gif
How bad a day am I having that at first I didn''t realize what a "tash" is and thought it was a new expression that all the kids are using to describe some body part. A body part with hair.

And, yes, then I googled it. And bonked myself on the head.

I share this to prove that it is possible to be a dodo and STILL recognize that you are gorgeous.
9.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
When people say such ridiculous things you can basically just chalk it up to JEALOUSY! Let them be bitter and jealous and don''t let their insecurities bring you down.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
if she's the same lady that told you to get a bigger rock...then well, I would say YOU need to stop listening to her.

She's obviously not nice...but re-reading the thread I'm stuck at the title now "Devastated"

You shouldn't let people (specially people that mean nothing to you and that obviously don't think before they talk) bring you down. I will either cut her off and do my best to not be in an opportunity for her to make any comments to me or I would just respond very cold and to the point "yes", "no", done.

M~

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Stay away from this woman! Or better yet, come to work tomorrow with a box of donuts and a smile. You look great as you are and I hope you don''t let this one spiteful woman ruin this happy time in your life!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Iwannaprettyone, you are perfect. I can''t believe that somebody would say that. Can you say Cuckoo???
33.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
OMG I am gushing! You are all truly wonderful...my PS family is my rock (although I talked to my mother and she about came through the phone haha).

IG, Maisie, Sweet Pea, Snlee, Diamond Fan, Stephanie, Deco, Madarine, Musey, DKS <3, Sabine, Rising Sun, Sexy Robbie, Wolftress, Jas, DMSgirl, Ringplease and Princess... you have truly inspired me to rise above it, although I am going to by a ton of Donuts for the morning (chocolate and sprinkles
31.gif
) and gleam knowing that you all (and FI) think I look just fine, with a ''prettyone'' to boot!

I will sleep peacefully tonight and you will all be in my prayers...

Sweet Dreams Friends!!!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't read what anyone else said. But.

WHAT THE HECK!!!! You know what that is (besides atrocious manners that deserve a smack upside the head)? That's someone who is so worried about her own appearance ALL THE TIME she's projecting. All her self worth is tied up in her looks, so I just pity her. She's clearly unbalanced. I've SEEN the pics of you!

Ignore her. COMPLETELY. And that's an ORDER!
2.gif

ETA: I agree completely with all of the above.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, I take offense FOR you. I''m 5''10", weighed 135-140 when I got married 4 years ago, and know what it''s like to have people make absolutely ridiculous comments like that. My worst was on the flip side: one of my good friends actually told me post-marriage that I was waaaaaayyy too skinny when I got married and just didn''t look like myself. (Ok, I had lost 7 lbs. due to having a horrible flu and being stressed beyond belief the week before our wedding, while she had taken laxatives and starved herself the week before hers and lost nothing, hmmm.) We didn''t even know each other well when she got married but by the time I got married she was part of my circle of friends through our husbands/fI''s, etc. Just saying, comments can go either way, either people think you''re too big, or too small, or they truly love you and aren''t concerned at all.

I''m sure this co-worker/lady at work is anxiously awaiting a wedding invite, hopefully you are able to tell her you''re only surrounding yourselves with your loved ones and leave it at that. Let her find out later that you invited hundreds, whatever...blech. What a horrible thing to say whether it was intentional or not. Every woman KNOWS you do NOT comment on weight in whatever regard. What a sad, bitter, person of little character she is. Sorry...I just had to vent about the whole subject, I feel so bad for you having gone through similar experiences!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 8:31:42 PM
Author: jas
Two things I have to add:

1. You are gorgeous and she is a squid brain.

Date: 9/5/2007 6:06:46 PM
Author: Maisie
9.gif
How bad a day am I having that at first I didn''t realize what a ''tash'' is and thought it was a new expression that all the kids are using to describe some body part. A body part with hair.

And, yes, then I googled it. And bonked myself on the head.

I share this to prove that it is possible to be a dodo and STILL recognize that you are gorgeous.
9.gif
Lol!!!! I wonder if only us english call it a tash...... I should have said moustache. (not even sure I spelled that right which is why I said tash!!)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results