shape
carat
color
clarity

Devastated....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz honey, I am sending you and your dad a great big hug. I thought of you both all day today.

bighug5.gif

Lots of love,
Linda
xoxoxoxox

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
OMG how could I not have seen this????

Freke, my heart goes out to you. I know from your posts that your mother was an amazing woman and I just wish you all the sympathy in the world to get through this.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still thinking of you Freke!

Glad to see you back posting in LIW.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 1:40:16 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Thank you everyone. I''d write more, but I''m doing my best to not cry today (doubt it''ll be successful, but I''m giving it a try) and all of your wonderful heartfelt posts have already made me cry because I was so touched.

I think the next week is going to be pretty hectic for me, because ALL of my mom''s brothers and sisters are coming in, that means 8 blood related and 9 in-laws (her older brother died a few years ago), and a ton from my dad''s side of the family too, so I don''t know how much I''ll be around, or really, how much I''ll be posting. I''ve been lurking a lot to try to keep me distracted...

BTW, funeral directors who are going through a divorce, when they meet a divorce attorney planning a funeral... Well lets just say it was interesting and somewhat uncomfortable to have one crying (my dad) and then have the funeral dude find out what my dad does, and then a impromptu consultation where the funeral dude starts crying.

But it was good to have a bit of a laugh about how absurd it was after wards.

Thanks again guys.
Very funny story!Interesting what situations can come up in life...thoughts and prayers are with you...so many of us here know what you are going through!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking about you a lot, Liz, and am sending you all the positive vibes I can muster.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Freke... I don''t know how I missed this, my colored gem buddy. I''m so sad that you have to go through this. It''s just not fair
39.gif
My thoughts are with you!

(and I have a little something that might make you feel a tiiiny bit better- I am about to post up some photos of my new stones from Barry!)

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
i am so very sorry for your loss freke. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry Freke. All I keep thinking about it how young you are to lose your mother. I am so sorry and you will continue to be in my thoughts.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you again for all of your positive thoughts and well wishes. I haven''t cried today, but have gotten very teary, and it''s been a bit of an uphill battle. I''m anticipating this weekend to totally suck because there is a rosary on Fri night for only the family, and then the funeral service on Saturday. Family starts to arrive tomorrow and I''m going to get lots of, "Are you doing ok? Hows your dad?" and "Your mom was such a wonderful woman." and uncomfortable hugs from strangers, etc.

Bleh.

I am so blessed and fortunate to have you guys. I can''t believe this is up to 10 pages! But I wanted to say thank you, reading all of your comments (even if I haven''t posted a response) has made the past week a little bit better.

I especially wanted to thank those of you who have made donations to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation and American Cancer Society. I really appreciate it, and hope that sometime in my lifetime, a cure for cancer is found.

Also, because I wanted to share: My Mom''s Pink Tourmaline Ring

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I don''t want to repeat myself about how sorry I am this happened to you (I''m sure it gets redundant at some point).

I did want to tell you though, I really look up to you. I cannot imagine losing my mother right now (I think we''re around the same age).

You are amazing and the way you handle yourself, from your posts anyway, is remarkable.

That''s all...

Just know that my thoughts continue to stay with you. (((((hug)))))

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
More big hugs Freke. I think of you often.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 5:12:23 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Thank you again for all of your positive thoughts and well wishes. I haven''t cried today, but have gotten very teary, and it''s been a bit of an uphill battle. I''m anticipating this weekend to totally suck because there is a rosary on Fri night for only the family, and then the funeral service on Saturday. Family starts to arrive tomorrow and I''m going to get lots of, ''Are you doing ok? Hows your dad?'' and ''Your mom was such a wonderful woman.'' and uncomfortable hugs from strangers, etc.

Bleh.

I am so blessed and fortunate to have you guys. I can''t believe this is up to 10 pages! But I wanted to say thank you, reading all of your comments (even if I haven''t posted a response) has made the past week a little bit better.

Also, because I wanted to share: My Mom''s Pink Tourmaline Ring
My boyfriend lost his Dad back in ''03. It was sort of unexpected. Not the same as your situation but it''s still so very tough to lose a parent no matter what. He felt like such a zombie for days and days. I can only imagine how you are feeling. He got all the same questions you are expecting. Just know- that everyone is trying to be supportive. (and obviously you know that) But nothing really fixes the hurt you are feeling now. He did however, find comfort in hearing stories of his Father''s past. He was once in the Navy so S got to hear a lot of Navy stories and different events that took place in his life that S didn''t know about. That was somewhat comforting and brought a smile to his face.

Also, I was going to tell you that my Mom lost her Mother to breast cancer in ''72/73 I think. I won''t get into the details, just wanted to say. But my heart and love goes out to you. I will be thinking of you and your family Friday and Saturday.......*HUGS*
4.gif
I will say a prayer as well.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I am so sorry to hear about your mom - my prayers are with you ...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Freke honey - it sounds like there is a lot going on right now, but it also sounds like you are being very strong and positive in coping with it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with your dad at this incredibly difficult time - I have every faith that your wonderful spirit will see you through the grief, and I know your mother would have been so proud of you for handling this so well.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
i''M so sorry Freke. I don''t really hangout in the hangout so I never saw this. I''m not really good with these type of things but I am thinking about you.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m so very sorry for your loss.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I know the next few days are going to be especially tough so I''m sending lots of extra prayers and hugs your way (((hugs)))

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I can''t even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. I wish you all the strength you''ll need to get through these next few days.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{hugs}}} to make it through the weekend......

anyname

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my rather suddenly dad almost a year ago and I know how hard it is, especially at first. But i promise it does get easier, believe it or not, there will be days where you won''t be crying your heart out, where tears won''t spontaneously spring from your eyes, and you can talk about your mom without your voice cracking. Just do what you need to do to help yourself heal, i hope you have people around you you can talk to. Don''t try to throw yourself into work or school to ignore your feelings, take things one day at a time. Take care.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong for your dad, he needs your support. I have been there before (probably around the same age as you are now) and on hindsight, I think I could have handled it better.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Freke, I know I really don''t post here that much, but I am here EVERYDAY reading everyone''s posts and it''s gotten to where I feel like I know many of you personally. You are one of my favorite posters here on PS (nothing to do with our shared obsession with shoes
31.gif
...ok, maybe a little). You really sound like a wonderful person and so did your mom! I am very sorry for your loss, but know that so many of us here are praying for you and your family. HUGE HUGS to you and your dad!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thoughts and prayers continue

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still thinking about you. Each day is a battle and time is the only salve...lots of hugs going out your way...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
My mother passed this month last year. I feel for you. You''ve got it doubly hard because it''s a family time of year and here you are trying to understand all of this...and you''re so young. I''m so sorry. Please take care of yourself. Hugs hugs hugs and more hugs.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I''ll be thinking about you and your family. Don''t stay too strong, and I''ll go shoes shopping with you if you need comforting.
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you tonight Freke. I know you have family around. Hoping you are doing ok. HUGS!! Lisa

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to let you know your especially in my thoughts tonight and tomorrow, HUGS

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I am so sorry for your loss. You & my family are in my prayers. (((((HUGS))))).

~SL.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry im just seeing this now. My thoughts/prayers/dust are with you freke...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results